Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-23-2000, 12:07 AM   #1
Larr2

I have to brag taht I have not had even one bug problem throughout the game!!
I did however have many problems with BGI, and Icewind Dale.

Old 11-23-2000, 09:24 AM   #2
Cortez The Killer

If this game were a food product it would be labeled,"unfit for human consumption". This is no different than the first Baldur's game,as far as the bugs are concerned,and this shows what the company thinks of us as customers(not much).In their rush to grab the money, they release these games before testing enough. Granted you won't die from playing this game,but,you may wish you were dead after being blown off the screen,or when you need to restart the locked up computer from scratch,looking at that message telling you that you should have shut down properly. Being a D&D fan is the only reason I started playing this,and I must say there is plenty of enjoyment to be had doing so,and being into D&D you get attatched to your characters(sometimes too much)that's why I bought the add-ons after being tortured by all the bugs in the first game,my point is after the manufacturer had to deal with all the problems in the first game,to put out another faulty product is a deliberate action,don't think this company thinks fondly of us as customers,they just want as much money as they can get,any way they can get it. Yeah I know, what else is new! Whatever,this product should never have been released as is.Maybe they should pay the gamers on the forum to test products,as I'm quessing we play it more than they do.Again whatever,I'm of the opinion the manufactuers are not of very high moral fabric. Enjoy what you can,that's life I quess.

Old 11-23-2000, 11:19 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I can understand your frustration, but I think you're being a little bit harsh. A game of this complexity, to make it perfect would have taken years of playtesting to eliminate every single bug in it. It gets to a point of diminishing returns as to how long you want to spend testing the game. I'm not for a minute advocating that companies release buggy products, but I don't think this product is anywhere near as buggy as you make it sound. I've beaten it twice, played a total of 200+ hours of it and haven't had a bug at all though I do know that more than a few exist. That's what patches are for I guess. It's probably more the fact that the bugs happen at inopportune times - like when you forgot to press the Q button to quicksave. That I can understand...
Old 11-23-2000, 11:25 AM   #4
Beaudoin

My computer crashes every single time I try to exit BG2 using their menu, however, if I task out of the program and then close it from a Windows prompt, I can avoid the crash. Very strange.

I haven't encountered too many bugs just yet... but then again, I'm only on chapter 3.

Old 11-23-2000, 11:26 AM   #5
Armisael

I haven't had many problems with bugs either. Hendak disappeared once, but that was easily fixed (Hendak serves no purpose anyway). Sounds like you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Old 11-23-2000, 01:07 PM   #6
mikeheitz

I had a couple bugs (lockups and crashes when saving game), but since updating my video drivers, and installing DirectX 8.0, I haven't had a single problem. And I am on chapter 6, so I have gone quite a while without a problem.