Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-04-2001, 05:24 PM   #1
Grojlach
Zartan

Just noticed that I didn't get the "edited by Grojlach at..." thingy in my post after I edited it, so it seems to be disabled... Not so sure if that's a good thing, actually.
Old 12-04-2001, 05:26 PM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Been noticing that myself, Grojlach! Don't know if it was intentional on Z's part or if it was part of an upgrade or a glitch!

Cloudy
Old 12-04-2001, 05:42 PM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

It's been gone as an addition to the end of posts for a little while, but it was showing up at the bottom of the post rectangle beside number of posts and your location as "last edited". I see that's gone, too.
Old 12-04-2001, 09:22 PM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

It was probably a good thing to have for auditing purposes - sad that we have to get ourselves into that type of mindset where our word is not our bond, though.

Old 12-04-2001, 11:15 PM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Just noticed that I didn't get the "edited by Grojlach at..." thingy in my post after I edited it, so it seems to be disabled... Not so sure if that's a good thing, actually.

I turned if off because I was just sick of seeing it and some posts have like 4 or 5 of them in it.. (Mine too)

I figured people WANTED it off..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 12-05-2001, 04:53 AM   #6
Grojlach
Zartan

Hmm, I thought this newer version of UBB automatically changed the number of "edited by" messages to 1?
Doesn't matter, there are things to say in favour of it and things that aren't. Let's just hope we won't be confronted with any negative consequences, as in troublemakers yelling something and then changing it after a few indignant replies, claiming he never said it. And pretty hard to find out if he edited his message or not. Oh well.
Old 12-05-2001, 05:01 AM   #7
Melusine
Dracolisk

I thought that at first too, Groj, but it's been turned off for a while now and so far I haven't seen any abuse of its absence. And I usually copy offensive messages to Word or take a screenshot as proof anyway.
I'm kind of glad it's gone because now I can hide how often I have to edit my messages :embarrassed:
Old 12-05-2001, 05:09 AM   #8
Campino

To be honest,i never have to edit my posts.Always fine on the first try.

[edited by Campino]
[edited by Campino]
[edited by Campino]

Old 12-05-2001, 05:42 AM   #9
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Actually, I prefer it to be off since it takes up quite a bit of space and doesn't serve much purpose (at least, in my opinion). After all, only the mods and the originator of the post can edit it so there's no question of others being able to do so. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2001, 08:30 AM   #10
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I edit ALOT! If editing a second time, I would always delete the previous edit message. That way anyone could see it had been edited, but only saw the most recent edit date. I started that after a very long post that I edited 7 times.