Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 10-02-2002, 01:04 AM   #1
Dmouse
Dungeon Master

Hey all,

Can anyone help me in getting the right equipment to kill these Golems. I am not sure what chapter i am in but its in the highlands where the balloon crashed. I cant remember what weapons can hurt golems, as it is, all my spells can sratch the thing. DO i need a +2 to hit it?

Any help is much appreciated, Thanks.
Dmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 01:11 AM   #2
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Welcome to the forums, Dmouse! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

I'm assuming by your post that you are in Chapter 2 and are presently in the glacier and have been fighting some aurilites. If that is the case, you're probably running up against crystal golems. These golems are highly resistant, if not immune, to slashing and piercing damage as well as magic.

Use weapons that do bludgeoning damage [maces, hammers, etc.] against the crystal golems and they should drop quickly. In fact, you might even have found some arrows that do bludgeoning damage by this point -- I found these to be very effective against the crystal golems.

[ 10-02-2002, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Old 10-02-2002, 11:13 AM   #3
Dmouse
Dungeon Master

Thanks a whole heap on that topic. I totally forgot about the usage of maces. In any case, i was wondering what the best combination was for a party but as i was looking at all the topics i found out the best choise at hand.

Really good website where i can ask a couple of questions on IWD2 . Thanks again.

Bye
Dmouse is offline   Reply With Quote