Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2001, 05:47 AM   #11
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
Notin

grmbl

*whacks Rikard around the head with large trout*

Nothing? keep your mouth shut then

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-27-2001, 05:51 AM   #12
Link
Jack Burton

She can be very violent Rikard!! Watch it!!! NOOO!! I was just kidding Mel!!!

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-27-2001, 05:56 AM   #13
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
She can be very violent Rikard!! Watch it!!! NOOO!! I was just kidding Mel!!!

*spanks Link with a big dried swordfish*

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-27-2001, 06:07 AM   #14
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

BTW Hi Groj!!

I assure you, that happy wave is going to freak me out some day.
Hi Mel, things going better now?

Old 09-27-2001, 06:14 AM   #15
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
I assure you, that happy wave is going to freak me out some day.
Hi Mel, things going better now?

you mean that one? *innocent smile* why?? Do you prefer this one then?

Anyway I'm ok, and you? Still watching from the sidelines? I do congratulate myself on having stayed out of it all quite nicely for some time now...

BTW Wooohoooo! This thread is taken over by the Dutch!
(sorry, it may be normal on the Elysium, but here, our numbers are few )

------------------

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-27-2001, 06:25 AM   #16
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:

you mean that one? *innocent smile* why?? Do you prefer this one then?

Anyway I'm ok, and you? Still watching from the sidelines? I do congratulate myself on having stayed out of it all quite nicely for some time now...

BTW Wooohoooo! This thread is taken over by the Dutch!
(sorry, it may be normal on the Elysium, but here, our numbers are few )

Aargh! Spare me with those smilies! They look so... so innocent, so happy it's almost sickening.

Anyway, still watching from the sideline and I don't intend to change that for now; I only tried to cheer up Lord Shield a bit, but for the rest... I only think it's sad some people still can't drop the insulting part...

And for the rest? Finally know what made me end up in the hospital 7 weeks ago... It turned out I had glandular fever (ziekte van pfeiffer) and a normally harmless flu escalated things completely... Still recovering from it...
Old 09-27-2001, 06:36 AM   #17
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Aargh! Spare me with those smilies! They look so... so innocent, so happy it's almost sickening.

Anyway, still watching from the sideline and I don't intend to change that for now; I only tried to cheer up Lord Shield a bit, but for the rest... I only think it's sad some people still can't drop the insulting part...

And for the rest? Finally know what made me end up in the hospital 7 weeks ago... It turned out I had glandular fever (ziekte van pfeiffer) and a normally harmless flu escalated things completely... Still recovering from it...

What's wrong with innocent and happy??

I am so glad you found out what happened... I remember the post on MH about your illness.... it sounded so serious, esp. with the menigokokken epidemy! I was really scared, even though I didn't know you at the time. I know what glandular fever is...how scary that combined with an ordinary flu it can make you so ill, huh? Maarten, a word of warning here: PLEASE be VERY VERY careful, go easy on yurself. You've just created the ideal circumstances to get M.E. (myalgic encephalomyelitis) and believe me, you DON'T want that. I don't want to sound like your mom and I know you probably know this already, but please, it is imperative that you don't do anything until fully rested and cured! You can get M.E. from a neglected glandular fever, and the chances are heightened even more when you've had a flu. Trust me, you do not want to be stuck with a stupid, debilitating, frustrating disease like that so be careful OK? Rest rest rest.

About the other thing: comforting people is all I try to do as well...I'm sad that friendships are being destroyed/damaged by this... I'm glad some of us have the sense to stay out of the insulting games

------------------

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art

[This message has been edited by Melusine (edited 09-27-2001).]
Old 09-27-2001, 06:48 AM   #18
Grojlach
Zartan

Well - that hand waving smilie reminds of the gesture someone would make when waving to a little baby lying in a cradle, saying "ootchy cootchy you little cute thing you"; can't explain why it concerns me so much...
*tries to put on his "traumatized look" *

Anyway, you're absolutely right about taking it easy, but it's not that I had that much choice... The first weeks out of the hospital I was barely able to stand up without feeling dizzy, and I've been practically inactive for almost 5 weeks now... Don't worry, I will certainly take it easy...
But there was a thread on Mithril Hall about it? Never knew that, never seen it, actually... (but then again, I wasn't exactly around to notice that )
I did find the thread at the Elysium about it, which was a great support when I got out of the hospital...
Old 09-27-2001, 06:59 AM   #19
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:

Anyway, you're absolutely right about taking it easy, but it's not that I had that much choice... The first weeks out of the hospital I was barely able to stand up without feeling dizzy, and I've been practically inactive for almost 5 weeks now... Don't worry, I will certainly take it easy...
But there was a thread on Mithril Hall about it? Never knew that, never seen it, actually... (but then again, I wasn't exactly around to notice that )
I did find the thread at the Elysium about it, which was a great support when I got out of the hospital...
I know - the hard part is, however, to KEEP RESTING, even when you feel a little better. When your body forces you to rest, it is obvious you should obey it...but in these days, as soon as people feel moderately well they want to do a hundred different things again, get on with their jobs, school, lives...
That's why I warned you... I'm not trying to nag, but I just know that the situation you are in is very dangerous with regard to M.E., and most of the cases started out like you. Not trying to scare you, just warning

I've tried to find the thread for you on the Mithril Hall, but I think the oldest pages get deleted after a while to make room for new ones
Anyway there was a thread to wish you well, maybe you can ask Liz about it...

Take care!

------------------

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-27-2001, 07:05 AM   #20
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
I know - the hard part is, however, to KEEP RESTING, even when you feel a little better. When your body forces you to rest, it is obvious you should obey it...but in these days, as soon as people feel moderately well they want to do a hundred different things again, get on with their jobs, school, lives...
That's why I warned you... I'm not trying to nag, but I just know that the situation you are in is very dangerous with regard to M.E., and most of the cases started out like you. Not trying to scare you, just warning

I've tried to find the thread for you on the Mithril Hall, but I think the oldest pages get deleted after a while to make room for new ones
Anyway there was a thread to wish you well, maybe you can ask Liz about it...

Take care!

The advise is very much appreciated! Now I only have to figure out when I'm really 100 % again. Of course I've had my good days, good moments and plans to continue with my life the way it was before my disease, but as you said, I don't want to rush things...

And thanks, perhaps I will ask Liz about it.
(PS it wasn't started by kiwidoc I hope? Not very likely I'll be able to recover it then )