Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2004, 09:00 AM   #1
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

The original is here
it says
Quote:
REDWOOD CITY Calif. – November 22, 2004–Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that EA’s Maxis™ Studio is developing The Sims™ 2 University, the first expansion pack for the highly-acclaimed The Sims 2 PC game. The Sims 2 University will ship this March and gives players of The Sims 2 the ability to watch their Sims become young adults and put childhood behind them as they settle into an all-new college town to live out their ultimate college fantasy.

Sinjin Bain, Executive Producer and Maxis Vice President, highlights the company’s commitment to its loyal following, “We are thrilled to open up a whole new stage of life for the Sims, allowing players to lead them through all the challenges of college and living the exciting university lifestyle of the dorms, parties and exams. This title is also the first in a line of expansion packs that will address our players’ desires, further develop The Sims 2 franchise and continually expand the world of the Sims creating almost endless gameplay and storytelling possibilities."

In The Sims 2 University players for the first time will play through the new “young adult” life stage as their Sims head off to college and join the campus crowd. Whether they live in the dorms or rush a fraternity or sorority that’s just the beginning…Sims can choose from one of 11 majors and by keeping their grades on track, they’ll secure a final degree and open up 4 new career paths. Players will enjoy all-new college based wants and fears that are tied to their Sims’ social life and academic goals which will lead to new rewards and powers that will help them achieve their goals and aspirations in college and beyond.

Pranks, parties and college social interactions add to the excitement while your Sims explore campus locations such as college lounges, pool halls, gyms and coffee houses. As in real life, if your Sims start running low on funds, they can earn Simoleans by picking up a part time job, like tutoring, or engaging in riskier affairs like printing money as a member of the “secret society.”

Of course, making the right decisions can lead to your Sim to the ultimate goal of becoming “Big Sim on Campus” in The Sims 2 University.

The Sims 2 University will ship under the EA GAMES™ brand. The Sims 2 is required to play The Sims 2 University.
This actually sounds like a good idea, what do you think?
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 09:12 AM   #2
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

What I think is they should stop making expansions already. I mean they were just taking the piss with Sims1, I don't want it to happen with sims2!
Old 11-22-2004, 09:28 AM   #3
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

I agree, but one or two wont be bad, and if this is true and they arnt just adding a few lounges and a new house to the game, it might do well.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:29 AM   #4
Riftmaker
Elminster

It'd be sweet if they added like new aspirations, goals, and stuff like that.

They might have to increase the Adult lifespan if they really want to do this
Old 11-22-2004, 05:52 PM   #5
Niadh
Elminster

Once more we will have £150 for game and addons I think.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Niadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 08:54 PM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Yay! more expansions. I can hardly wait.

I sense this is one of the many expansions maxis will make for sims2. just like sims1.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 12:33 AM   #7
Riftmaker
Elminster

My G/F was all excited when I told her about the Expansion. She's addicted to the Sims.

Ah well, I still love her.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:54 AM   #8
Lucern
Quintesson

I like the idea, and it sounds like sims will live longer as they'll have a new life stage maybe. Cursed mortality [img]smile.gif[/img]

I cheat for long life anyway hehe.
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote