Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-17-2001, 11:57 AM   #21
StarVid
Elminster

I dunno, Dundee, about the cleric v. fighter duel. In BG2, clerics get some really beefy spells. Granted, they generally have some long casting times, but if you can get a couple off, it could make it a pretty even fight.
Old 10-17-2001, 12:07 PM   #22
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by StarVid:
I dunno, Dundee, about the cleric v. fighter duel. In BG2, clerics get some really beefy spells. Granted, they generally have some long casting times, but if you can get a couple off, it could make it a pretty even fight.
Therein lies the problem, at least Mages have Sequencers and all that. Clerics have to ominani ominani ominani ominani...

By the time they finish casting all their buff spells, the fighter would have finish drinking a mug of mead, taken a piss, danced in the tavern and polished his sword.

Okay, so I exaggerate a bit, but you get my point. The fighter will just simply interuppt all the cleric's spells.
Old 10-17-2001, 12:33 PM   #23
StarVid
Elminster

yeah, that's true, especially if the fighter is using ranged weapons.

Oh well, I'm always a mage anyway.
Old 10-17-2001, 01:32 PM   #24
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Byronas:
Best Mage : Edwin
Best Druid : Jaheira
Best Cleric : Anomen
Best full spellcaster(!) : Aerie

I Agree With this

------------------
Silence dog! The only thing you are fit for is to die at my hand
Old 10-17-2001, 02:16 PM   #25
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i have a 31st level sorceror, that ive used to go through the game twice now (not actually finishing it though) i tried to solo the last game, and got pretty far, but it just got boring, i needed a good mix of stuff. anywho, just be carefull when using the xpcap remover. if you go above level 40 with a spell caster, they wont be able to cast spells, unless this is just a bug on my system alone. but it was that way for all of my characters that i did that with. my mage, sorceror, and cleric. needless to say, i wont cheat again.

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine