Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2006, 01:16 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Did you *HEAR* what happened last night? omigawd, it was just dreadful! We were heading into Skull Castle, just the six of us, with that delectable Lizzie Wizzie and Twinkeltoes, the cute and adorable elephant just fletching away... fletching, fletching fletching to their heart's content. Twinkles had just blessed some dragon arrows to do even more damage, and they were both happy as clams making more of them. Life was *so* good, it almost hurt!

Then some plague ghouls, or gobster hordes, or some silly bag of bones started attacking us, so we fought back. That butch Tankee was swinging her sword like she used to date those beasts, and I was giving them my own little dose of pixie punishment, when suddenly Twinkletoes decides she'd like to get in on the fight.

Wouldn't you know it? She was standing just too far away from the little critter, so she couldn't hit him. My god, does that plethora of pork have it bad some times or what?

Well, instead of getting closer, like we've been doing for for*EVER*, she decides she'll use one of her new fancy arrows. I mean, heaven forbid she should scuff the blade of her sword... I declare that woman barely knows how to put it back in her scabbard, let alone make sure it will be there next time!

So she shoots it... and the silly bonepile turns to stone. To stone. TO STONE!!! And with a brand-new dragon arrow sticking from between its ribs!

After we kill the rest of them, Twinkles looks at the new statue and apologizes to us. "Sorry, gals," she says. Sorry! As if sorry would be enough to replace that dragon arrow if it were our last one.

"Not to worry," Ur'khala, that gourkish brute says. "I know stone magic, so I'll just unmake him as a statue." Fat chance. Her spells are no match for that dragon arrow, and the little thing is just stuck in there so tight... we just can't get it out. Just like... well, never mind.

Lizzie suggests we get some fresh air, so we leave Skull Castle for a minute and catch the most *beautiful* sunset, right from the top of Skull Castle. If your time is perfect, you can watch the sun set through one eyehole in the skull, and the moon rise in the other. It just takes your breath away, it does!

After the sun drops, we go back in. Amazingly, the statue is moving! But when we take a closer look, it's still stone. That Lizzie. Always full of ideas that don't work.

But sure enough, the beast is still a statue. And it's still got our dragon arrow. And we still can't kill it... every swing just bounces off. I swear that ribcage with legs is just laughing at us.

Well, everyone wanted to go except me, because I know just how important money is. You can't live without it, sugar, and you *don't* just leave it lying around in some smelly old dungeon, praying nobody steals it.

Finally, I get frustrated as all these beasts talk about how they can maybe get the arror out by turning good, or vanishing, or something, when I decide I have just had it. And when I've had it, you'd *better* not get in my way. I may be a queen, but I'm a MEAN queen...

I pick up the statue with one hand, which just shows how angry I am. I MARCH right up the small stairs to this portcullis with a wing latch. I open the latch, and the portcullis opens up. I shove the statue in there, glaring at Twinkles (since it's her fault we're wasting time on a stupid arrow), and stalk down to give her a piece of my mind.

Suddenly, I hear a crunching sound from behind me, and turning, I see a most beautiful sight. The portcullis is coming up and down, and smashing the statue. Pieces fall off -- matted grey hair, skeletal fingers... until finally the portcullis smashes straight down and the arrow finally pops out.

I pick it up and toss it to Twinkletoes, glaring at her. "Next time, use your big old brains for a minute, would you?"

She mumbles an apology, stuffs the arrow back into her quiver, and we continue onward.

But honestly, don't you *HATE* that when someone is doing something so dumb? I mean, REALLY....

*Thought this would be a more fun way to share tonight's interesting gaming event...*
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:10 AM   #2
MJG
Dungeon Master

Thats Brilliant!!!

i thought u would be able to get it back as soon as u mentioned the potcullis (mainly cause i killed myself doing that and the highland rogues arrows fell out [img]smile.gif[/img] )
MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 09:44 AM   #3
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Well, instead of getting closer, like we've been doing for for*EVER*, she decides she'll use one of her new fancy arrows. I mean, heaven forbid she should scuff the blade of her sword...
LOL! Another game that goes ranged automatically unless you unequip the gear ... which you can't do if you're fletching!

I once tried playing an all-female party; the virtual estrogen was killing me -- aside from the role playing being difficult for me, personally -- so the party disbanded before the Stout Mines and went on (individually and in small groups) to fame & fortune.
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:43 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

ROFL!!!!

Excellent, Bungleau!!!
Old 02-12-2006, 03:19 PM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

[img]smile.gif[/img]