Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Did you believe this to be true when you read the subject but before the article
Yes 30 71.43%
No 12 28.57%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2003, 09:42 PM   #1
Azimaith
Manshoon

Today a Californian Arab man was fatally injured by an exploding pickle while he was microwaving it. Before he died he described the event in chilling detail. "I was microwaving the Kosher pickle in an attempt to make a dirty pickle er, sandwich pickle a little warmer because of my... uh sensitive teeth. After I set the time and stood by the microwave door. Suddenly I heard this huge explosion and I felt shards of plastic cutting my face up." He says, Thesa Fhulla Bhulla, an Islam cleric passed away in shortly after 11:00 today because of pickle related injuries to the neck and foot. The Federal Commission on Microwaving Pickle Saftey or FCMPS represntative Ben Lying cautions readers never to microwave kosher pickles, he said: "Many people don't realize just how unstable Kosher pickles are, they actually have minute amounts of Uranium in their seeds which react with microwaves causing a minature nuclear explosion when microwaved, the results tend to be bad as this tragedy clearly points out." Members from the Pickles Are Our Friends, pickle damage support group states that kosher pickles are perfectly safe as long as they are eaten cold. Under no circumstance should you ever microwave one. Thesa Fhulla Bhulla attributed his tradgic and eventually fatal pickle incident to the use of "zionist" pickles.

Disclaimer: If you believe this to be true then should probably be removed from the genepool. Maybe gene pool cleansing by "pickling" would work well.

Yet another ridiculous article by Azimaith.
The Democrats bash the Republicans and the Republicans bash the democrats, now everyones got mud in their eyes and they can\'t see what matters.<br />Check out this site: [url]\"http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm</a>
Old 09-25-2003, 02:23 AM   #2
lethoso
Manshoon

people seem to manage to kill themselves with just about anything these days, i would not be surprised if someone managed to kill themself by exploding a pickle. The actual article you wrote though, meh, coulda been done a whole lot better.
Old 09-25-2003, 03:25 AM   #3
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

stupid me

Catch me if you can..
Old 09-25-2003, 04:35 AM   #4
Azimaith
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by lethoso:
people seem to manage to kill themselves with just about anything these days, i would not be surprised if someone managed to kill themself by exploding a pickle. The actual article you wrote though, meh, coulda been done a whole lot better.
Blah, well excuuuuse me. I plan on writing more of these ridiculous things but in the future they will probably be longer.
If you can write better I would love to read it, too much depressing stuff going on today.

[ 09-25-2003, 04:37 AM: Message edited by: Azimaith ]
The Democrats bash the Republicans and the Republicans bash the democrats, now everyones got mud in their eyes and they can\'t see what matters.<br />Check out this site: [url]\"http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm</a>
Old 09-25-2003, 05:33 AM   #5
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Whilst completely ridiculous (and I always like that) I can't actually work out what the hell the punch line of this little joke was supposed to be. Am I being really obtuse or is the humour of this just derived from an exploding pickle?

Check out he Darwin awards - much, much, stranger things have happened in real life.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 09-25-2003, 05:40 AM   #6
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

The story would have been a lot more believable without those stupid groups and "Ben Lying ".
Old 09-25-2003, 05:41 AM   #7
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

err was it a joke? or was it true i dont get it.. O_o
Old 09-25-2003, 05:54 AM   #8
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Cristian:
err was it a joke? or was it true i dont get it.. O_o
Of course it is a joke. I have never seen a pickle with "uranium seed" before. Otherwise we would have nuclear bombs made from pickles. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2003, 06:13 AM   #9
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
Whilst completely ridiculous (and I always like that) I can't actually work out what the hell the punch line of this little joke was supposed to be. Am I being really obtuse or is the humour of this just derived from an exploding pickle?

Check out he Darwin awards - much, much, stranger things have happened in real life.
And I have the feeling there's some distasteful underlying xenophobism (or at least anti-muslim feelings) at the base of the joke as well, but I can't quite work out the actual point of it either.
Just don't quit your day-job yet, Azimaith.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:40 AM   #10
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Yes.

What? It could be true! But it wasn't... right? Errr....

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke