Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 05-27-2001, 05:29 PM   #1
firegod
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have seen and herd a lot about this "killer". But what did this user do that has gotten everyone so rilled up about him, please enlighten me. Plus it would be very easy for him to get in rill you up again and slip out unnoticed without you being able to do anything about it. All he needs is a simple scrampler or a different line such as broadband and bobs your uncle he uses name after name to get in. Maybe I'm just rambling so please correct me if I am, I'm used to it.
firegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 05:34 PM   #2
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Well, I haven't read 'em, but it looks like he is deliberately putting unmarked spoilers of games in the threads. Spoilers are only ok if marked as such in the initial post. And if you put in a spoiler, you do it like this:

Spoil!
and put the info here where it is not immediatley visible.

------------------

Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 05:58 PM   #3
BladeMaster

To put it plainly. He is a big pain in the ASS. Sorry Memnoch, Erati and Ziroc but I had to say that. It is because of him that I almost left the board completely

------------------

[This message has been edited by BladeMaster (edited 05-27-2001).]
Old 05-27-2001, 06:09 PM   #4
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Well firegod, there are ways to ban people definitely, no matter the name they use. So i dont think he will be able to post anymore when Ziroc finishes the job.

------------------
"TEEHEE !!!!" -The Mighty CloudQueen, to Ertai

[This message has been edited by Ertai_OHF (edited 05-27-2001).]
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 11:24 PM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by firegod:
I have seen and herd a lot about this "killer". But what did this user do that has gotten everyone so rilled up about him, please enlighten me. Plus it would be very easy for him to get in rill you up again and slip out unnoticed without you being able to do anything about it. All he needs is a simple scrampler or a different line such as broadband and bobs your uncle he uses name after name to get in. Maybe I'm just rambling so please correct me if I am, I'm used to it.
firegod, this guy was posting malicious spoilers about BG2 on the BG1 board in a deliberate attempt to ruin the plot for people who hadn't even played BG2 yet.

With respect to banning him, we have banned his entire IP subnet (his school, so that NO ONE from his school can post) as well as telling his ISP what he has been doing. ISPs tend to hate their users doing this kind of stuff. We are also thinking of letting the computer head of his school know just what Killer has been using their network for.

Oh, and welcome to the board. It's not normally like this, believe me.

------------------
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 03:37 PM   #6
Shypaw
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You guys are AWESOME!!! I was one of those he spoiled concerning Imoen, so go get him! ; )
Shypaw is offline   Reply With Quote