Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2001, 01:32 AM   #21
Rikard

Staff of Wonder
Protection against magic
It is all banned
--> no quick slots

But you can catch our drift when we bann legel stuff because it will significly increase ones ability's

------------------

All Hail the Seventh house Sorcerer
Master Magician of Necromancy
Prince Rikard T'Aranaxz of Natri'x
Clanmaster and Mental Father of the OHF
Ramanish of Neathan'Calith
High Priest and son of the Eternal Phoenix
Shadowlord of the Silver Shield
Baron of Yusliks
Duke of Gerdran
Duke of Tralixz
Lord and General of the Army of the West

AND!!!
Laughing Hyena!!!

Old 04-05-2001, 01:37 AM   #22
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
for fighters i would tend to agree with you ... fight fire with fire i say so those kinds of items would not bother you since your using the same thing...

but as a mage i do not... you see these kinds of items are way too strong for dueling since they can really take a punch right out for a mage... and when it comes to dueling mages are in a disadvantage somewhat because alot of spells dont affect duelers (since they are also considered partymembers)ex: abi-dazims, sleep, emotion, horror and a few more...

i have also been to mplayer and ive seen alot of creative people out there who use alot of "creative strategies" out there ... (one was even Jon Irenicous himself and used a devastating spell "the chicken wing" instant kill )

i admit that you may be right 250 i "THINK" in a playing level level... blackrazor is kinda strong dont you think (it uses level 9 spell, level drain and that is not nice) ... i dont mind crom foyer or celestial fury...

but like i said its a matter of opinion.. no offense bud

black razor is not strong, you think it does level drain? then combin your fighter with a class say mage or cleric, so you can use amulet of power

even if you are a pure fighter, blackrazor's level drain can still be stopped easily

about mage being inadquate to stand against fighters, this is true. mages are not meant to join the duels in BGII. go complain to Bioware, not me. in mplayer, if you duel with a mage... people wont even bother to play you. they have discovered everyway to disable a mage no matter his level, hell, Dark Shep even beat lvl 225/225/225 fighter/mage/cleric with his level 14/12/11 thief/fighter/mage, LOL (btw, this Dark Shep dude is really good, so dont say his opponent sucks.) my point is, there TONS of secrets out there. you think you see all? far from it

keep those items man, they will invoke creativity

last note: if a pure mage wants to duel, I suggest give him some permissions, like, being able to prepare a spell trigger pre-battle, or say, allow him to choose one item from his fighter opponent and tell his opponent to not use in the fight. that will make the duel more interesting
Old 04-05-2001, 01:37 AM   #23
BG2SOA

Is time stop and emprisonment banned too?

------------------

Don't mess with the Lich
Old 04-05-2001, 01:40 AM   #24
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by BG2SOA:
Is time stop and emprisonment banned too?

imprison should be banned, there are only two things stop this spell, one is scroll of magic protection, which is cheap, once you put this on a mage, you can consider him dead.

another is berserker, that means only a berserker can fight mage...ack, that stinks

time stop is OK, since there are only two scrolls in game. it wont be a big problem.

one general rule in mplayer is: ONE level nine spell per duel, maximum of 5 same kind of scrolls per duel (this way you wont have 20 wishs, which equals 20 time stop )

also, as a commen sense, no one use time stop in mplayer
think about it: a mage/berserk cast time stop, anyone is dead.
however, one level 9 spell is still allowed each duel

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 04-05-2001).]
Old 04-05-2001, 01:47 AM   #25
BG2SOA

Staff of the Magi is banned too?

------------------

Don't mess with the Lich
Old 04-05-2001, 01:52 AM   #26
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Heh.......there are going to be TOO MANY restrictions when everyone is done with this.....

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-05-2001, 01:53 AM   #27
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by BG2SOA:
Staff of the Magi is banned too?

IT SHOULD BE!!
let me give you two reasons:

first: the Spell Trap from staff of magi CANNOT be removed short of a protection from magic scroll.
second, it grants constant invisible, which is way too cheap. I had a duel with one of those idiots. in the beginning i fought him with kensai/mage, I killed him, so he told me I cannot kill him without kensai/mage. so i said fine, give me your mage, and we fight mage vs mage. his mage had staff of magi, alright? OMG!!! the following duel, if you can call it a duel, wasSUCKEST I ever played. because of the satff, none of us can hit eachother with spells. the battle lasted HALF AN HOUR! then I was pissed off, serious that bastard kept hidden, at the end i had to do that as well, so I kicked him

see what I mean?

Old 04-05-2001, 01:54 AM   #28
BG2SOA

Yeah,I was looking through the prices of items,and I think Staff of the Magi is the most expensive item in the game,am I right,or is there something more expensive?

------------------

Don't mess with the Lich
Old 04-05-2001, 01:56 AM   #29
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
Heh.......there are going to be TOO MANY restrictions when everyone is done with this.....

well, if ask me, those are reasonable ones:

ban:
scroll of magic protection
wand of wonder
(staff of magi under consideration)

rule #1
one level 9 spell each duel in general
5 scrolls of same kind as maximum
no duplicated items

rule #2
if a pure mage choose to duel, his opponent must choose a single class as well, and if he choose fighter, he must allow the mage to prepare at least one spell trigger or consequencer or chaincontigency (does not violate rule #1) before duel. OR/AND (under consideration) he allow the mage to pick one item from him and not use it

those are my recommandations

Old 04-05-2001, 01:59 AM   #30
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Hmmm....I was thinking the fights would be good if all in-game items are allowed, provided a limitation of number of potions and scrolls of each type are allowed in inventory. The fights will probably take LONGER than the restricted ones, but makes it more "interesting".

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!