Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 10-03-2000, 09:04 AM   #1
JaredC80SF

Hey everyone, I just completed the Serpent Temple and I'd like to share what I remember from it for all of you having trouble:

STATUES:

1. The Serpent Statue is in the underwater cave in the Serpent Holds. You have to get the Serpent Hold key from the Greud guy to get into the Serpent Holds. Its pretty much the first thing you do in the Temple.

2. Finding the 4 Monkey Statues was a pain in the butt, so here's where they are:
First statue is at beginning of level in a Treasure Chest. The first room when you enter I believe.
The second statue can be found off a special monkey running around called "Monkey with Object" or something like that. He runs around like he's on crack, so just toast the chimp with a meteor or somethin.
The third and fourth statues are in treasure chests behind the 6 locked doors with the 4 Skull switches and the coin slot. Each door is opened by first setting the switches in a certain pattern then inserting a Serpin coin (which you find off bodies of the Serpent followers). Since there are 6 doors, there are 6 different patterns to make with the switches. Luckily I wrote them down as I found them, hehe. Lets label the Skull switches 1 - 4, with number 1 being on the left. When I say turn the switch "ON", that means when you pull its tongue down and its eye's light up. Without further ado, here are the 6 patterns:
a.) 1-off, 2-on, 3-on, 4-off
b.) 1-off, 2-off, 3-on, 4-on
c.) 1-off, 2-off, 3-on, 4-off
d.) 1-on, 2-on, 3-on, 4-off
e.) 1-on, 2-on, 3-off, 4-on
f.) 1-on, 2-off, 3-on, 4-on
There ya have it! 6 doors open, 6 treasure chests full of booty, and the remaining 2 monkey statues!

PRISONER - aka H'thark or something:

1. In order to open H'tharks cell, you have to get the key from the Inquisitor. I just killed him and took it. Heh.

2. When you try to talk to H'thark, say something about the Hidden Circle. He'll ask you to prove you are one of them. I'm pretty sure this is where you give him his lockpicks that Gorthius gives you. Now, like me, most people sold those lockpicks for a fat wad of cash, so H'thark keeps his trap shut. I found out though, if you give him enough gold he will start talkin. I gave him all I had, which was about 2300 or so.

3. If you don't want to waste the cash, I'll just tell ya what his important info is. You have to summon the Naga spirit in the big serpent head room with the Brazier. In order to do that you must first set some Incense on the brazier, then sprinkle it with Spider egg juice, then wave a Magic wand over it. Then Ms. Naga appears and you can talk with her.

4. H'tark also mentions other things, such as the Masque. If you can afford it, its easier just to talk with him.

INGREDIENTS FOR NAGA SPIRIT:

1. Incense - This is pretty easy to get. Just find the room with the Snake statue that has a coin slot at its base. Insert a Serpin Coin and voila! a couple cones of incense.

2. Spider Egg Juice (or whatever its called). This one is a bit more complicated. First, in the Kitchen room, you will find a few empty flasks. Grab em. Next you gotta find the Crusher room. It has a huge wheel in the middle which you can crank to lower/raise a Crushing Plate. Jump into the crushing pit, and you'll find a room around there with some spider eggs. Grab em too. Now go back to the crusher pit and drop a spider egg in it. Exit that room, go down the ramp, and there is a troth thing where the crushed spider egg juice comes out. Place the Empty Flask on the grill, and head back up to the Crushing Wheel. Crank the wheel until its crushes the egg. You'll know when you do it because the kickass narrator gives you a description. Now head down to the troth and grab your vial of Spider Egg juice!

3. The Wand - Last but not least you need to get the magic wand in Gheud's special room in the Library. To get to the Library you must go to the Giant Snake head room (the one with the brazier where you will summon Naga), and flip a switch to open a gate. Past the gate is the Library. In the bookshelfs you will see little statue bases where you need to place your 5 statues. First go to the one in the middle of the room that has no path leading to it and place the Serpent Statue in there. This will lower down the Serpent Servant book, which you will need when you speak with Naga. Next, place all 4 Monkey Statues in the remaining slots, and a platform will lower to take you to the secret room with the Wand. Grab it and head back to the Giant Snake head room.

THE SUMMONING:

1. The actual summoning is pretty easy. First place incense on brazier. It burns up. Then pour the Spider Juice on brazier. It flames up, so watch out. Then wave wand over brazier. Presto! Naga arrives. She will test your Servant knowledge by having you complete some sentences, all of which are in the Serpent Servant book. There are 4 of them, but I forgot to write them down.

2. After you talk with her, she lets you enter her chambers, where you will have to beat her down. You naughty adventurers you.

SECRET ROOMS:

I found a total of 3 sorta secret rooms with treasure in them.

1. First one can be found by dropping into Circular Pillar with bridge room. Its hard to explain, but its near Gheud. There is a room with a Stone pillar going through it and 4 bridges leading in different directions. Is kind of like a major intersection. In each corner of the room you can drop down. Theres a treasure chest inside and a door that will open for you when you're done. It locks behind you though, so if you want to get back in you just drop back in again.

2. Second room can be found by H'tharks cell. Its the room with the big fire pit and the red hot poker. In the fire there's a button that will open a door in the ceiling. Just look up the little ramps in that room after you push the button and you can't miss it.

3. Last room is in the Kitchen. In a dark corner there is a skull switch that opens a wall panel. There are a few monkeys inside and a chest.

FINAL MAZE:

After you spank the Naga, you get to roam through a maze. It wasn't too bad, but a little tedius. Make sure you find the Serpent Master or Leader or whatever. He drops a key which you need to open some doors. The last door takes you to a giant elevator that leads you to Elyssia, the head freakybitch. Fighting her was kind of a pain because she summons 6 magic casting Serpent followers, and she is a caster as well. Luckily I had Silence at this point so I could stop the casting, but the swarm spells really messed me up. After you kill her you get her masque and a staff, which is cursed so don't equip it, heh.

Well I hope any of you who need help find this useful. Sorry some parts don't make much sense, I'm tryin to recall most of this from memory and I'm sure I forgot a few things. If you're still stuck respond to this and maybe I'll have a flashback or somethin, hehe. By the way, I never found the Secret room that Kol the Heretic gave me the key for. At least not that I can remember. If anyone found this let me know? I'm guessin it has a statue of Kerah in it.

Happy Adventuring!

Jared
Old 10-03-2000, 09:12 AM   #2
JaredC80SF

Oh by the way if anyone actually does find this useful please let me know. When I head into Shurugen Castle I might actually take some notes so I can be of more use. Thanks!

Jared
Old 10-03-2000, 09:51 AM   #3
W3Artiste

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I was going nuts trying to get those damn doors open. Keep up the good work. I just don't have much patience for lever puzzles that require you to try every combination to open a door.
Old 10-03-2000, 01:03 PM   #4
Philip

Yes! The switch settings save some tedious guesswork. Thanx a bunch!
Old 10-04-2000, 02:32 PM   #5
Bigdog

There is also a secret room in the room past the wheel that is used to make the spider nectar. when you enter the room take a quick left and look at the wall and you will see a skull switch found a cool sword and some nice gloves in the chest in there =).
Old 10-04-2000, 03:50 PM   #6
Isoroku

I dont mean to sound like a complete Cock, but I believe that one of the monkey statues is on the 3rd floor of the 3 level elevator. I ran around forever trying to find the 4th statue before I found it there, so I think you only get one statue from the 6 doors. Just trying to help
Old 10-04-2000, 07:02 PM   #7
JaredC80SF

Hmm.. I think the location may be random. I've heard some people finding it up there, but I never did. I had 2 of the statues before I started on the 6 doors puzzle, and I found the other 2 in chests from there. So maybe they mix it up a bit to keep it interesting.

Jared
Old 10-04-2000, 08:46 PM   #8
GotAnger

i have a question for you, were do you find the toad guy that gives you the password to get in i am told sw of town i searched everywear down ther eand i cant find him. Does he appear at a certian time? Is he allways there or somehting? i would appreciate it if anyone could tell me wer ei am supposed to find this guy. Why cant i jest kill the guy to ge tin hahhaha. apprecate any help i can get
Old 10-04-2000, 08:57 PM   #9
Bigdog

Monkey Statues...
1) same as above, early in the dungeon, in one of the first rooms you come across-it has 2 chests in the room one contains a monkey statue
2) same as above, on a crazy monkey that is running around I FINALLY found him, he is by the ramp down to the 6 doors controlled by switches
3) same as above, In one of the 6 doors controlled by switches, random as to which one
4) Different, Through the dining room you come to a kitchen, go up the elevator in the kitchen, its in the chest on the 3rd floor (if not check the 2nd floor, you have to jump off the elevator)
Old 10-04-2000, 09:01 PM   #10
GotAnger

it is a help the only problem is finding this psyco toad that is suposed to give me a keyword to let me. someone mentioned a potion i have to give him as well? i would appreciate any answers to these questions thanks