Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-14-2011, 02:54 AM   #21
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Has it really been ten years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvian View Post
I signed up to Ironworks in 2001. We're 2011 already. That's a long time ago.

Lots of things have happened since then. We've all gone a long way. But somehow it doesn't feel like ten years to me.

What about you guys? What have you been up to since the day you signed up? Has your life changed much?
Well, it's been longer than that for me, I think I signed up to Blue Board IW back in 2000, when BG2 came out. Holy crap that's been a long time!!

11 years ago I was:

- living in Sydney
- still clubbing like a Mad Max
- single
- never heard of an MMO
- never met any IW peeps
- didn't even know how to use a forum
- working for J&J

Today I am:
- working for myself
- been with my GF Taryn for 10 years woot woot
- living in Boston
- met quite a few IW peeps

Times do change.

Last edited by Memnoch; 03-14-2011 at 02:57 AM.
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:50 PM   #22
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I signed up in... oh hang on wait... I'll post and check...

EDIT:

JAYSIS.

10 years ago also. Christ, a lot has changed. Mainly seeing I wasn't really a person when I first logged in. I mean, who is at 12

And this must be my first post in at least 3 years or so...
Old 03-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #23
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: Has it really been ten years?

Back Then:
---- ----

- Jobless
- Playing Bioware Games (IWD, BG)
- Fuzzy Chin

Right Now:
---- ----

- Happily Employed
- Still Playing Bioware Games (ME, DA)
- Sandpaper Chin

Cheers.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #24
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I joined in 2001 as well...wauw ten years...

I am a LOT rounder on the waist *urrgh* doing swimming and stuff now to get rid off it.

Moved from Denmark to France and worked for Blizzard Entertainment as a highpoint - moved back again and joined a new job that I now quit.

Lost my grandpa, grandma, mother and aunt to cancer...but got a nephew and a niece in return.

As a person I have changed so much...gone from the guy everybody picked on to the guy that will tear your head off if you flap your mouth too much
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #25
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Is interesting. I went from the guy who ran around hugging strangers and being friendly to anyone I could, to the guy who drinks scotch, sits in the corner and has a laugh with a few, select friends. My personality has changed ridiculously.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:52 AM   #26
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Damn kids skating on the sidewalks!

Edit: Damn, this whole thread is full of olds!
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:57 AM   #27
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Well I joined 4 days after Luvian - and I haven't posted (as Davros) in a very long time. You guys forced me to remember my wierd original password that I never changed. I was stunned that I got it correct (with capitals and lower case all right) on the very first go .

Let's see - back then I was single, living in Mandurah, working at Alcoa, playing golf and computer games, and had all my teeth.

Actually none of that has changed - I don't lose the 2 teeth till tomorrow's visit to the dentist. At least they pay me 4 times what they did back then .

I have managed to meet lots of people - went to two Ironworks BBQ's in the French Alps with our wonderful host Moiraine. Ran into Sir Tainly in a pub and shot off his hat which ended up in the pit (or a pit bull). Opened a bottle of Australian Whine with Lanesra. Explained to Mouse all about Goats and Ferrari's. Witnessed Donut's moondancing and his "uncanny dodge". Introduced Wolfie to Vegemite. Survived Epona's snoring (actually Mouse's snoring was worse but I was drunker - just not as pissed as him). Met the beautiful Melusine. Went to a wedding with Aelia Jusa - and a football match - or was it the other way around.

Lot's of good times and nostalgia.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #28
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

I wasn't snoring, I was just singing in my sleep

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:58 PM   #29
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: Has it really been ten years?

Nice to see so many veterans Ironworkers coming out of the ironworks!

It seem that we've all changed but some things never changes. We're all young at heart.

I had a rough day today. I stayed up until 5:30 am to fix a bug in my javascript program I had to hand in at 7:00 pm. I ended up missing the class and sending the file by email because I couldn't stay awake. Turns out we had a 15% quiz today. But the teacher is pretty nice. He gave me a chance to do it next Friday.

But I had some bad news too. One of my teachers apparently doesn't like me and she gave me 0 out of 20% on a exam because I left after the exam period was over and didn't stick around for the free work period after it. I'm pretty sure she can't do that.

I'm 10 years older and I'm still getting in trouble at school. Some things truly never change.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:10 AM   #30
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

It's been a little over 10 years for me--I started at the Wizards and Warriors forum in late 2000, during the old Blue Board days. Although I'm not around that much anymore, I still "scan" the boards frequently. Back in 2000 I was a teacher at a career school, kept pet rats, had just recovered from a life-threatening illness, and was living in Denton, Texas with my wife of three years. Today I'm an assistant financial analyst at a major staffing company, am living in Louisiana with my wife of almost fourteen years now, help take care of my mom, and have two cats rather than rats. Oh, and I'm still an avid gamer--just started Dragon Age 2 and am looking forward to The Elder Scrolls:Skyrim; not to mention still multiplaying games with my three dear friends Cloudy, Nachtrafe, and LadyZekke from here at Ironworks.

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote