Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-20-2004, 08:03 PM   #31
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Sedai:
Gangrell, having someone "in the room" is *not* the same as interacting with him, silly.

Hmmm...if you'd like (and you haven't already), I can hook you up with some really good websites on the care, feeding *and* mental health of parrots.

Some people get the birds because they are smart and very pretty, but don't *truly* understand what they need to be happy.

Just trying to help. [img]smile.gif[/img] Too many of these birds end up in rescues because the family can't take the sqwauking.
Miss Sedai, here's the thing. My bird got beat on early in his life, and we've had him for 3-4 years now and he still bites and snaps at us, and still screams even when we do play with him. I am really close to getting rid of him though, waking up to screaming every morning is becoming a little more than I can bear, and I need sleep because I'm already a borderline insomniac.

[ 12-20-2004, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]
Old 12-20-2004, 08:06 PM   #32
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
whatevverrr [img]tongue.gif[/img] *runs out of steam* methinks it's time for another break from IW.
Oh, come now, I've got you beaten that easily? How you disappoint me Vask, I suppose we can always get Q'alooaith to replace you
Old 12-20-2004, 08:25 PM   #33
Lady Sedai
Banned User

I hate to see your bird get passed around again as it will only cause more psychological damage.

If you wish, here are three very good sites (from what I can tell) that may help you, your family AND your bird out.

The first one, in particular, even has a forum where you could ask people questions just like here, only for parrots. The second one would be one option if you *do* end up having to give him away. At least you could give him to someone who can help him if it comes to that. And the third site has some helpful information on the psyche of parrots. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I do hope this helps. It's sad to hear that poor bird has had such a bad time of it, but also that it's disrupting *your* life as well. Parrots live too long to let them stay so upset.

Parrot Science

Aviation Protection Society

World Parrot Mission

[ 12-20-2004, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Lady Sedai ]
Old 12-20-2004, 08:27 PM   #34
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Sedai:
quote:
whatevverrr [img]tongue.gif[/img] *runs out of steam* methinks it's time for another break from IW.
Never thought *you* could run out of steam since you're so full of hot air. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Ooh the long-awaited chance to STRIKE back at the hated smartass. What a glorious moment this is for Lady Sedai - I hope all your Knights in Shining Armour are standing by clapping! harr harr

Gangrene - I meant I couldn't be bothered to be my usual self, but I managed it for one more post as you see. Guess I'm just tired... and how can Q-what'shisface replace me? He has no style... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 12-20-2004, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 12-20-2004, 08:29 PM   #35
Lady Sedai
Banned User

Yeah, yeah, Vasky. I know...I took the *easy* shot. I will strive to do better in future.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:32 PM   #36
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Gangrene - I meant I couldn't be bothered to be my usual self, but I managed it for one more post as you see. Guess I'm just tired... and how can Q-what'shisface replace me? He has no style... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Well, since he can verbally tear someone to shreds, I'd figure I'd give him the benefit of the doubt Vasketomy

[ 12-20-2004, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]
Old 12-20-2004, 08:35 PM   #37
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

and to bring this back on topic...yes, today is a wonderful day, I'm sitting here typing to ironworks, blah, blah, my dog just took a piss blah, blah well actually I just made that up, I don't have a dog...blah...blah...I'm about to go and eat something blah...blah...yeah work was really tough today...blah...blah and I'm so tired....blah...blah...it's really cold here...blah waffle...drone...can I have an imaginary coffee, please..oh sorry you only do imaginary coffees anyway?...blah...waffle...how is everybody today?....waffle...drone....am I getting into the spirit of the cafe yet?

[ 12-20-2004, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 12-20-2004, 10:41 PM   #38
Sir Goulum
John Locke

That was the most random thing I've probably ever seen posted here, Vask. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2004, 11:05 PM   #39
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
and to bring this back on topic...yes, today is a wonderful day, I'm sitting here typing to ironworks, blah, blah, my dog just took a piss blah, blah well actually I just made that up, I don't have a dog...blah...blah...I'm about to go and eat something blah...blah...yeah work was really tough today...blah...blah and I'm so tired....blah...blah...it's really cold here...blah waffle...drone...can I have an imaginary coffee, please..oh sorry you only do imaginary coffees anyway?...blah...waffle...how is everybody today?....waffle...drone....am I getting into the spirit of the cafe yet?
Wow [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] I think you just managed to sum up 2 years of the Cafe [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2004, 04:53 AM   #40
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

If I were a bird in a cage I'd screem 'til I drove everybody nuts too! That's just plain cruel. Why not set it free for Christmas!!