Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-17-2004, 01:33 PM   #1
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Caleb lost his first tooth naturaly yesterday (meaning the first one came out when he fell into a bed) so the tooth fairy visited last night. now for most kids, this is exciting...not for him, he was upset about not having the tooth anymore :/ Revruby suggested I clean it and give it back to him in a minature bottle, which is what I am going to do. has any other parents had this problem with the first tooth causing the child to be so upset? we had been telling him all day that she was coming to leave him money for the tooth, but I do not think we explained it right, lol. I was on the verge of crying myself because he was so upset about it
Old 12-17-2004, 01:40 PM   #2
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I have heard of other people that have had this problem. Not sure what to do, maybe sit down and write a letter to the tooth fairy asking to return the tooth with a refund. The tooth fairy did break into your house and take his tooth without permission. Obviously the tooth was worth more to him than the money, so having him want to keep it as a keep sake isn't that uncommon.

[ 12-17-2004, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 12-17-2004, 01:42 PM   #3
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

Tell him that many people have lived fulfilling and succesful lives without teeth. Shane MacGowen and George Washington to name just two.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:13 PM   #4
Blunderbuss
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirty Meg:
Tell him that many people have lived fulfilling and succesful lives without teeth. Shane MacGowen and George Washington to name just two.
Not sure the kid will have any idea what you're talking about. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything to suggest, perhaps you should just inform him that it will grow back.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:24 PM   #5
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Yes giving him back the tooth will be a good idea just tell him you made a deal with the tooth fairy when he/she was walking out with the tooth(insert some story).

And by the way what is the going rate for cash replacement?
Old 12-17-2004, 03:30 PM   #6
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
Can't remember my first tooth fairy time, being it was a while ago... However it would seem that after thinking about it for a while that yes that would be a scary thing! here you have some fantastic creature just waiting to take a piece of you and flip off a little change for one of your body pieces. Sounds like the story (dunno if true or not) about the dude waking up lying in a tub full of ice with his kidneys removed...

best advice: hugs and downplay that it means anything

SilentThief
Old 12-17-2004, 03:34 PM   #7
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Blunderbuss:
quote:
Originally posted by Dirty Meg:
Not sure the kid will have any idea what you're talking about. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything to suggest, perhaps you should just inform him that it will grow back. [/QUOTE]he understands that part, but he wanted to keep the tooth
Quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
Yes giving him back the tooth will be a good idea just tell him you made a deal with the tooth fairy when he/she was walking out with the tooth(insert some story).

And by the way what is the going rate for cash replacement?
I gathered all the change I had $1.35 [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Quote:
Originally posted by SilentThief:
Can't remember my first tooth fairy time, being it was a while ago... However it would seem that after thinking about it for a while that yes that would be a scary thing! here you have some fantastic creature just waiting to take a piece of you and flip off a little change for one of your body pieces. Sounds like the story (dunno if true or not) about the dude waking up lying in a tub full of ice with his kidneys removed...

best advice: hugs and downplay that it means anything

SilentThief
we are trying that, but I am going to give him the tooth back, just need to find something to put it in.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:40 PM   #8
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

$1.35!!!!! Looks like even the tooth fairies prices have inflated.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:57 PM   #9
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by pritchke:
$1.35!!!!! Looks like even the tooth fairies prices have inflated.
the cost of soda's and candy have gone up, so she leaves more now
Old 12-17-2004, 09:41 PM   #10
Sir Goulum
John Locke

The most I ever got from the little fairy was $.50! Stupid inflation! [img]tongue.gif[/img]