Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-21-2004, 10:03 PM   #1
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Hey there happy campers!

Well, basically, the story is that a fellow shift worker is moving onto bigger and better things, and management has decided that he will not be replaced.

Because of this, a new roster will need to be implemented. They are asking for roster suggestions from us, as we are the ones who will be working said roster. So, what I was wondering is, for peepz like Wellard and others, could you fang us a copy of your roster my way? Could help a bunch! We currently work 12 hour shifts (this does not HAVE to be the case, however) and have to cover all days of the week both nights and days. There are a total of 16 operators now.

email me at ==> dmckinno@tablimited.com.au
or just reply here if you have a suggestion.

If you want more details then feel free to ask, otherwise, help would be GREATLY appreciated [img]smile.gif[/img]

-Dave
Old 12-21-2004, 11:17 PM   #2
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Kinda depends on a few questions:
How many people are needed for a single shift? Are some shifts (nights/weekends) slower than others so fewer people could be scheduled? Is everybody equally trained for the job, or do some people need to be paired up with more experienced workers? BTW, what kind of work is this?

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
Old 12-21-2004, 11:56 PM   #3
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Same kind of qiestion is it a one man crew or two man or three that depends on how many shifts are needed for the rotation. Give me a few more detals and I can help.

At work we have a weird shift.

It is: 5 on 4 off, 5 on 5 off, 4 on 5 off, then just keep repeating it.

I will e-mail it to you.

If you can get 6 on 6 off that is nice as well.

Also here is another one that I have seen befofre and it is based on a 28 day rotation.

4 nights 3 off, 3 days one off then 3 nights, and then 3 off then 4 days then 7 off. I worked that one as well and I liked it.

Also do you get earned time off. Since you work 12 hour shifts you will work over the legal limit of hours worked in one year and by law you either get earned time off or get paid out for the extra time.

I hope this helps.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:49 AM   #4
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by VulcanRider:
Kinda depends on a few questions:
How many people are needed for a single shift? Are some shifts (nights/weekends) slower than others so fewer people could be scheduled? Is everybody equally trained for the job, or do some people need to be paired up with more experienced workers? BTW, what kind of work is this?
Just the formula needs to be worked out... not who with who etc (for more experienced workers with less experienced etc). Basically, 4 people on during the day is ideal. We DEFINATELY need at least 3 people on during the hours of 5am - 8am. Prolly get away with 2 people on during the night.

Heh, im starting to think explaining it might become a little difficult... so maybe just if your on a roster, send it and I'll take a look to see if I can modify it to suit my job.

Its easy to modify rosters once you have them... so maybe I should just google shifts... hrmm..

Oh yeah - I work for a gambling company.. TABCorp. 4th largest in the world... I think.. I dunno. But yeah, in the computer room, we bring the systems down and up of a morning, and fix problems or escalate to people who know how to fix said problems. Heaps interesting..... i know. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks for the replies, guys. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2004, 01:45 AM   #5
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Ok Dave I will e-mail are shift and you can have a look at it. I hope it will help.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:02 AM   #6
Lucern
Quintesson

lol, I'm glad you told us what exactly this work was. I was getting the impression that this was a secret organization like in Fight Club.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:38 PM   #7
wellard
Dracolisk

Dave

I sent you my roster for the next few months. Of course the company (like ladies) reserve the right to change there mind every few days [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Will try and answer more questions later but being on nightshift last night I am dog tired.

[img]graemlins/dogrun.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years