Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-10-2001, 05:57 AM   #1
Tuor
Elminster

Whenever you're feeling a bit low about doing something a bit stupid, don't worry just think of this lot and imagine how much worse it could all be.

-In England this year 11,000 people will injure themselves trying new or ambitious sexual positions.

Falling vending machines will kill 13 people in the next 12 months.

-In America 800 people are injured each week by their own Jewellery (how? )

The main library at Indiana University sinks an inch every year because its architects failed to take into account the weight of the books it would contain

-Einstein could not speak properly until he was nine-his parents thought he was mentally retarded.

-Five per cent of Canadians do not know the first 7 words of their national anthem but DO know the first 9 words of the US one.

51 cars veer from the roads in Amsterdam every year and end up in the canals.

At this moment 0.7 % of the worlds population is intoxicated through drink-a third will cause themselves or others injury.

Five residents of Tokyo die each year from injuries related to bowing to others

This year in England and Wales 7 people will die after falling out of bed or a chair....
Old 10-10-2001, 06:20 AM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

heh, good one Tuor
didnt know vendo falls on you, better watch my step there next time

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 10-10-2001, 06:31 AM   #3
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuor:

-In England this year 11,000 people will injure themselves trying new or ambitious sexual positions.
One in the eye for all those who think the English are unadventurous in bed...

Quote:

Falling vending machines will kill 13 people in the next 12 months.
I once heard that this was the biggest peacetime cause of death amongst the US Marines...

Quote:

-In America 800 people are injured each week by their own Jewellery (how? )

Good grief! What jewellery are they wearing? What kind of injuries? The mind boggles. Watch out Mr. T....

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-10-2001, 06:39 AM   #4
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Good grief! What jewellery are they wearing? What kind of injuries? The mind boggles. Watch out Mr. T....

hey epona, actually, when i was stationed in germany, it happened about every couple of months, would see where someone was trying to get cans out of soda or beer vending machines, start rocking it to shake a can loose, and get the whole machine over on them, promptly crushing them. or, pull it over on themselves trying to get their arm back out of the discharge chute. darwin award honorary mentions, everysingle one of them, especially since everyone knew about it, to boot! hehehehe....oooops, forgot, kinder, gentler, forum, please insert properly sympathetic snicker here please________ ROFL

------------------
Amanda's Dad

Official Pin-Up Girl Evaluator/Massager of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy.

[This message has been edited by J.J. (edited 10-10-2001).]