Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-21-2001, 07:10 PM   #1
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

I just having a conversation with my sister and this came up.

Why is it now that America and it alies are 'going to war' to stop terrorists when groups like the real IRA and the Loyalists have been killing people for nearly 30 years, will they all move in the root out and destory these groups once the finished bombing Asganstan(?)and then what about the extremmist animal rights groups, will the be hunted down? Why have they all stood idaly by when Iseal commintes acts verging on geoside on Plastine or when hundreds of people are muilated and killed every day in Afica?
Why has it took an direct act agaisnt them to bring them to action?

------------------
Old 09-21-2001, 07:13 PM   #2
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

probably because those old world war 2 blinders are still on us. also i guess the government just thought these were common events in the mid east and places like that. actually i think we should have started this years ago when he bombed the embassys, but even then we just sat on our hands. i just say at least we're taking action now before others die!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!

Admirer of the Lioness.
Old 09-21-2001, 07:16 PM   #3
Fast Hands
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel:

Why is it now that America and it alies are 'going to war' to stop terrorists when groups like the real IRA and the Loyalists have been killing people for nearly 30 years, will they all move in the root out and destory these groups once the finished bombing Asganstan(?)and then what about the extremmist animal rights groups, will the be hunted down? Why have they all stood idaly by when Iseal commintes acts verging on geoside on Plastine or when hundreds of people are muilated and killed every day in Afica?

We can't protect the whole world from each other. Our own safety must be a high priority and, obviously, we've been harboring a false sense of security that has now been broken forever.

------------------

God Bless America
Old 09-21-2001, 07:20 PM   #4
Lord Shield

Besides, don't forget it was proved America funded the IRA

Old 09-21-2001, 07:32 PM   #5
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Why should it be America's responsibility to look after every other country? And would Ireland etc really appreciate America coming in and interfering and taking sides?

------------------

Goddess and Sorceress of the HADB, and her sidekick Pink
Old 09-21-2001, 07:41 PM   #6
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Quote:

Unfortunately, we stick our noses into more countries business
than we need to from the start. If we weren't such the "Police"
of the world, then the terrorists that attacked us, would have
no doubt attacked someone else. The fact that we are always
taking sides or pushing democracy onto everyone else is one of
the main reasons other countries despise us.
Old 09-21-2001, 08:22 PM   #7
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

Quote:
and then what about the extremmist animal rights groups, will the be hunted down?
I certainly hope so.

------------------

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God,
indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Old 09-21-2001, 08:31 PM   #8
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Why should it be America's responsibility to look after every other country? And would Ireland etc really appreciate America coming in and interfering and taking sides?

Er, it has been doing for quite some time, in the form of various individuals and groups, at any rate. There's a lot of IRA funding comes from America.

Funding terrorism is taking sides, if you ask me! Radio interview today with some US bod who gives loads of money to the the families of IRA members who're in jail for the usual murder etc. Its been going on for decades. (In Britain too. I lived under the shadow of terrorism for years in London. Bombs exploded, people died, people were mutilated... There are no waste paper bins in underground stations, or in railway stations. That's why not. (Great places for bombs.) We were all so thankful when the peace process started. (Although not as thankful as the Irish!)

------------------
Old 09-21-2001, 08:34 PM   #9
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:

Funding terrorism is taking sides, if you ask me! Radio interview today with some US bod who gives loads of money to the the families of IRA members who're in jail for the usual murder etc. Its been going on for decades. (In Britain too. I lived under the shadow of terrorism for years in London. Bombs exploded, people died, people were mutilated... There are no waste paper bins in underground stations, or in railway stations. That's why not. (Great places for bombs.) We were all so thankful when the peace process started. (Although not as thankful as the Irish!)
You're in same boat as me - the buggers blew up my Dad's train (Charing Cross one a few years back - fortunately that was the ONE time in his life he MISSED the damn thing getting to work

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 09-21-2001, 08:40 PM   #10
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

In a tv interview with Jeremy Paxman today, Colin Powell said that 'we' (the democratic world) were going to fight ALL terrorists no matter who and where, and that it would take years, and that we would never fully succeed.
I'll believe that when it happens, even though Powell seemed sincere.

------------------