Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-27-2001, 04:46 AM   #1
Raiu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was just wondering, when I create my new char. and start to play Imoen doesn't have access to her spells. I tried to mem then sleep but then it doesn't come up. It shows her spells in her book, but then when I click on the cast spell it's there but brown, so I can't cast them. So far out of 4 new char I made only with one she can cast her spells. Any clue on what's up?
Replys welcomed...total newbie! =)
Old 11-27-2001, 04:47 AM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Did you give her any armour to wear?

Btw, welcome, Raiu [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2001, 04:57 AM   #3
Whailor

As Aelia said.. casters cannot use any armor save the robes and some "special" magic armor, anythig else will disable the spellcasting abilities. Take off Imoen's armor, note the message, put it on and note the message again. That should explain why [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2001, 05:01 AM   #4
Raiu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks!!! That was a BIG help! hahaha, feeling a lil silly, but hey...if I never asked I would have never known! One more silly question...how do I backstab?? I just got the game from a friend w/no instuctions. Maybe if i had that I would have known about the armor thing! hahah THANKS AGAIN!
Old 11-27-2001, 05:19 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

In layman's terms?

1) Go invisible, you can either use a spell( from a Mage or equipment), potion or your Thief's skills, Hide in Shadows and Move Silently( the game takes the average of the two).

2) Go behind the target.

3) Attack the target.
Old 11-27-2001, 05:22 AM   #6
Raiu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks again! Now I can make use of some of the skills!
Old 11-27-2001, 10:43 AM   #7
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

I'm about to beat Sir Exxon:

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] HELLO WELCOME TO IRONWORKS! ENJOY. [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Old 11-27-2001, 11:15 AM   #8
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Barb ur a show off!
Welcome
I stared as a sorcerer bet could not use my spells why is this, not whering armour and hve also tried sleeping?
Help me!!!
Old 11-27-2001, 12:00 PM   #9
Melusine
Dracolisk

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] Argh! Barb, didn't you read my post in General Discussions in the "welcome new members and lurkers" thread??? If you didn't I suggest you DO SO NOW!!
That is my code you're using there and I've asked people TWICE not to copy it!!! Please remove it from your posts here and in GenD and don't do it again! Thanks.
[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Edit: For your convenience, I'll paste my original post to you here:

Barb, would you kindly remove your copy of my rainbow welcome from your post? When I said I hoped people wouldn't steal it, I actually meant it. I have been posting these rainbows a few times now, and it does take a lot of time to type them out. It's meant to be idiosyncratic, and recognisable as my sort of signature. Just like Cloudy often uses huge plum letters, I like to congratulate or welcome people in those colours. You don't go around posting Lav's cyan writing Or Beaumanoir's Capitals In Every Word either, do you?
I said it jocularly before when Legolas was fooling around , but I actually mean it I wouldn't like it when people'd all copy my code of that message, it's like copying my signature and using it.
Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2001, 07:56 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Aragorn: The missing line in your sig is "From the ashes a fire shall be woken."

(Kinda silly to call youself Aragorn when you don't know your own dang verses, but hey, I'm just being anal.)