Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2001, 01:45 PM   #1
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Right I know the chicken with the gem is somewhere in Umar hills, but I can't find 'em anywhere. Its driving me potty 'cos i want to upgrade the horn of valhalla.
Old 07-25-2001, 06:44 PM   #2
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

SPOILER
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
When you arrive in Umar hills go to the inn and go straight up. Some kids come walk up to you. Talk to them and when you finish look for some guy standing right up from that point. Talk to him. Pay him some coin to let him tell an adventure to you. He'll tell you about the chicken. Then go to the left around the rocks and a little down. You should see a man and a women with a lot of chickens. Talk to the man about his daughter and offer to by the gem from him or simly kill the chickens.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
Old 07-25-2001, 07:02 PM   #3
Gavin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How do you upgrade the Horn of Valhalla? I have both gems but Cromwell refuses to recognize the Horn in my inventory as anything worth tinkering with.

Gavin.
Old 07-25-2001, 08:40 PM   #4
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

First upgrade needs a diamond. You will come across a few in Chap 2. Keep one, sell the rest.
Second and final upgrade needs a beljuril, which can be found in the Umar Hills. I also found a beljuril, iirc, as part of the loot after defeating Firkraag.

To get the horn upgrade, you need to see Maheer in Waukeen's Promenade, not Cromwell. Find Waukeen (he's on a platform somewhere to the west of the entrance to Adventurer's Mart. There is a dialogue option of asking him what he can do. Choose that and if you have the horn and the necessary gem in your possesion he'll offer to upgrade it for you.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 08-11-2001, 12:48 PM   #5
Scooty69
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So where do you find the Horn in the first place? I have the Berijuril and a Diamond, but no Horn yet.
Old 08-11-2001, 12:51 PM   #6
Tuor
Elminster

SPOILER

The house next to the fish stall in the bridge district. Be careful the door is trapped and there are lots of ubertraps in the house itself so be careful or your thief will end up petrified, finger of deathed etc etc....