Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-24-2003, 04:12 PM   #1
Rokenn
Galvatron

http://gamespy.com/articles/september03/25overrated/

25. Neverwinter Nights
24. Super Mario Sunshine
23. Battle Arena Toshinden
22. Starfleet Command Series
21. Morrowind
20. Impossible Creatures
19. Battlecruiser 3000AD
18. American McGee's Alice
17. The Getaway
16. Mortal Kombat
15. Dungeon Siege
14. Dead or Alive 3
13. Battletoads
12. Unreal II: The Awakening
11. Pools of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor
10. Halo
9. Donkey Kong Country
8. Lara Croft: Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness
7. Final Fantasy VII
6. Blinx: The Time Sweeper
5. Quake II
4. Daikatana
3. Enter The Matrix
2. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
1. Black & White
Old 09-24-2003, 04:14 PM   #2
Rokenn
Galvatron

The only one I really disagree with is Halo

I remember when people were talking about NWN like it was going to be the second coming. And I was really disappointed with the Starfleet Command games, I loved how the PnP version was and hated the way completely distroyed the feel of the game on the computer.
Old 09-24-2003, 04:24 PM   #3
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Hey, Black and White and FF7 are good games man! Nothing is overated there! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2003, 04:28 PM   #4
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

the getaway was pretty bad. I have never heard of black & white
Old 09-24-2003, 04:41 PM   #5
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

It just shows that Gamespy has absolutely *no* clue whatsoever about anything and that they just scream out arguments of which they think the vast majority of the public will most likely concur with in the hopes of gaining more members for their pathetic gamespy-arcade community.

Legal notice: I'm not insulting those who are a member of gamespy-arcade, for certain games simply force you to use gamespy-arcade, I'm just insulting gamespy!
Old 09-24-2003, 04:43 PM   #6
Chewbacca
Zartan

Ya, go and read the gamespy reveiws for those games and discover who was doing most the overrating. NWN is a great example of this. They dis the game for being overrated for some of the exact same reasons they gave it a glowing 9+ reveiw. Furthermore their reasons for calling NWN overrated are a farce if you examine how potent and undying the NWN module building and DMing community actually is.

Yeah Im an unapologetic NWN fanboy, just check my favorite game in my profile. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 09-24-2003, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 09-24-2003, 04:57 PM   #7
WillowIX
Apophis

Well it all really depends on how they judge it. Black & White was overrated, but hey I love the game. I mean the amount of gossip and glory it amounted compared to the sales is not a pretty picture. I also agree with them that NWN is overrated, so is Morrowind (I still feel that Arena is the best game in the Elder scrolls series). MM9 is sadly lacking from the list though.
Old 09-24-2003, 04:58 PM   #8
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I am surprised MOO3 wasn't close to the top of that list.

As for overrated it doesn't mean it isn't a good game, just that there was a lot of media hype. Black & White was over hyped, I played my friends game for a few hours and gave it up. I just found figuring out the controls and hand awkward and difficult. The really bad games are the ones that have the disappointing stickers.

I don't think FF7 was over hyped but maybe it was due to the media hype.

[ 09-24-2003, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 09-24-2003, 05:05 PM   #9
TX_Chris
Dungeon Master

why is Battletoads there?? if i remember correctly it was an old game for the megadrive (genesis), someone correct me so i won't have to go to gamespy.com and actually bother to look
Old 09-24-2003, 05:08 PM   #10
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Black & White - overrated but still a good game. Controls were a nightmare at first, and I couldn't keep my creature from eating people when left to himself.

Hmmm Might Black & White 2 improve on such factors? Maybe even give the power to take possession of your creature and act through it from a FPV?

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com