Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2003, 01:46 PM   #1
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

ok when its sunny and warm outside people tend to say it is very NICE weather outside when its dark and its raining its BAD weather...who are they to decide what weather is good or bad? i think when it rains its so cosy and nice to be inside and also fun to be outside and i think that is NICE weather...
Old 05-31-2003, 01:50 PM   #2
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Its all in what you personally think of 'nice' and 'bad' weather. Everything like that is pretty much an opinion of what you think
Old 05-31-2003, 01:50 PM   #3
Drake
Baaz Draconian

ive been wondering the same thing most my life...i to think rain weather to have its perks and can be very pleasant....its other people that are weird.
Old 05-31-2003, 03:40 PM   #4
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Cristian:
ok when its sunny and warm outside people tend to say it is very NICE weather outside when its dark and its raining its BAD weather...who are they to decide what weather is good or bad? i think when it rains its so cosy and nice to be inside and also fun to be outside and i think that is NICE weather...
It's actually fairly well known and documented that a lack of sun shine can promote depressions. So calling blue skies and sun shine for "nice weather" makes perfect sense to me.

I agree that rainy days can be very cosy, but I do prefer sun shine. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2003, 04:00 PM   #5
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Good and Evil don't exist as a general rule for anything. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I don't mind the sun, but hate heat. On the other hand, I love the rain.
Old 05-31-2003, 04:29 PM   #6
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
It's actually fairly well known and documented that a lack of sun shine can promote depressions. So calling blue skies and sun shine for "nice weather" makes perfect sense to me.

I agree that rainy days can be very cosy, but I do prefer sun shine. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Yes, Willow, it is known as SAD, for Seasonal Affective Disorder. Lack of sunlight affects the hypothalamus, I believe. Though, I'd like some rain, no matter if a few folks get SAD.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:39 PM   #7
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I don't mind rain, In fact love it [img]smile.gif[/img] , but when I say it is bad weather, that mean sever storms with winds over 50 mph's, that is bad weather....but my favorite weather (my husband hates it) is snow always loved it and the cold weather to me is romantic when you have to cuddle with your honey to stay warm , funny really, my husband doesn't like to cuddle much eiher.....lol
Old 06-01-2003, 10:21 AM   #8
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I think that the key factor is wind!!! I think a good day is any day without wind [img]smile.gif[/img] Rain is fun, and sun is "nice" [img]tongue.gif[/img] But unless you're a rabid kite enthusiast then I think nobody really likes very windy days [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2003, 10:40 AM   #9
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
I think that the key factor is wind!!! I think a good day is any day without wind [img]smile.gif[/img] Rain is fun, and sun is "nice" [img]tongue.gif[/img] But unless you're a rabid kite enthusiast then I think nobody really likes very windy days [img]smile.gif[/img]
Yeah, I really love these days with 100+ degrees and NO wind. They are so cosy and warm. And when there's half a gallon of sweat in my T-shirt I feel like on vacation because the only other place to get water AND salt on it would be the sea.

Honestly, I like sunny weather (not as much as rainy does but well). But a sunny day with no wind is a killer. There has to be a slight breeze at least.
Old 06-01-2003, 10:56 AM   #10
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well I personally like all forms of weather. Sun, snow, rain, heat, cold....each one has it's own unique qualities that make it enjoyable.

Right now, we are have very pleasant weather here. The temperature is in the mid-70's with a fairly steady breeze. Very nice weather to be outside in without getting overheated.

My favorite time of year - though - is the Fall. I love the smell of the air when I walk outside on a crisp cool morning. The chill in the air (offering just a hint of the cold weather to come) is very invigorating.

On the other hand - rain and cold weather can be rather unpleasant for me since my job requires to make regular trips outside (to unload a truck or bring in supplies from a storeroom).