Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2002, 05:36 AM   #1
GokuZool
Lord Ao

I need help installing and playing AOE (Age of Empires)

I found a free full version of it in my cereals [img]tongue.gif[/img] so I loaded it up.

The autorun runs fine and I have the options to install, look at trailers etc. I click install and I click on typical. It goes up to around 50% and comes up with an error saying encountered an error while reading E:\GAME\DATA\INTERFAC.DRS The options are ABORT, RETRY, IGNORE. I click retry and when that doesn't work I click ignore, and then it continues to install. It finishes when it has installed around 75%. Then when I click PLAY it says somthing about my Voodoo 2 not being able to detect direct draw I press ok, go to explore CD and click on AOE. It works and loads up. It half loads some stuff about the company then it chugs along half loading stuff. Then the main menu comes up. The music works, the cursor is abit laggy. I click on single player and it loads and then all of a sudden it quits to my desktop without an error message or anything!

I have tried multiple times and sometimes different errors come up. More so when I click on [/i]full install.[/i] (which has all the cinematics)

It's very odd and I don't know what to do. If anyone could help that would be great [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks,
Old 10-18-2002, 07:51 AM   #2
andrewas
Harper

Scratched/dirty CD.

What do you exepct with a disc that comes with your cereal?