Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2002, 10:11 PM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The moon was still low beneth the gathering clouds at the western horizon. There was no living things outside the little inn (not even the distant owl's hooting could be heard), and the only sound was the blowing wind among the mountain stones.

It was dark and gloomy especially so for the four companions sitting around a long broken table in the inn of Frozenmice. The ususally charming (in a clumsy way) elven maid, a bard named Skye, was unusually quiet. Her customery smirk was not wore on her face, and her wooden harp lay melancholy near her wrapped sword.

Sitting next to her was the local ranger Robin, who usually came by to collect supplies for his grove. This time, however, he did not came for the supplies, nor was he visiting his unlikely friends.

Expectantly the other two of the group, two rouges, sat on the other side of the table facing against Robin. They did not give their old "hostile" stare to the ranger, instead, both were locked deeply in their thoughts. In another hour, the moon will be high and full.

They all had the same dream, and they were all given the moonstones. Though none had shared this intimate knowledge with anyone, they all suspected the same. The friends looked about uneasely. The tension was like the swirling smokes out of the pipe of an old man, with one whispered breath, all things would break loose...

[ 09-11-2002, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: 250 ]
250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 07:27 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

OOC: Just a personal request to all my fellow roleplayers to disable their signatures when posting. Thanks in advance. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Robin Clym:

Robin Clym was uncertain. The others seemed to be holding back something even though they appeared to want to spill out everything to somebody. They were all trying to look calm, but tell-tale signs of nervousness betrayed their inner thoughts.

Robin observed Skye out of the corner of his eye first. He had always found her enchanting, but he never had the time( due to his Ranger duties) to take it further. He wanted to ask her what was wrong, but he felt awkward and wanted to look elsewhere instead.

He made a quick gaze at the other two sitting across him and Skye at the table and wondered whether he would have better luck trying to make them break the ice that was now quite obviously forming between them all. However, Sennid and Thalali did not seem quite ready yet, so Robin shifted back his attention to Skye.

The sands of time were dropping grain by excruciating grain as all four sat silently, oblivious to the other patrons of the inn, but soon it would be a full moon and Robin had reason to believe that something significant would happen at that time. He did not know why, but it was a gut feeling, and it gnawed at him from the inside. It did not help that there was now tension added to the mix.

Using his right hand, Robin carefully rummaged within his leather coat and handled a moonstone, the moonstone. The moonstone that had brought forth all that he feels now. The moonstone from the dream. He had thought that the moonstone was an ioun stone at first, but numerous attempts to get it to float later, he had given up on the idea. Feeling it in his hands now, Robin began to relax a bit, thinking of what to do next, and an idea struck him.

Taking out the moonstone carefully, he used the table to conceal from Sennid and Thalali what he was holding( not that it really matter anyway, the two of them were still dreaming away, but Robin was always wary about displaying valubles around them). Using the inn's lights, he reflected a small but bright shine onto Skye's face, trying to draw her attention to the moonstone.

Perhaps she would be able to identify it... ...
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 07:42 AM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Skye, the reflection of a silver glow caught your eyes. It at first confused you, then the familiarity of the light source struck you suddenly. It was the stone that came to your possession most recently. You were too versed in the lore of such gems to not know. You felt a similarly moonstone in your own pocket. It lay restfully. The round surface was smooth to your touch, and beneath your fingers flowed the magic of the stone's aura. You have accquired the moonstone after you awoke from a most bizzare dream, as if someone chose to place the stone in your hand.

Check you pm, skye

[ 09-11-2002, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: 250 ]
Old 09-11-2002, 12:04 PM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC:
Sennid and Thalali are too caught up in their own thoughts, they are not yet aware of the action between Robin and Skye.

and Robin, thanks for the request

[ 09-11-2002, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: 250 ]
Old 09-11-2002, 01:55 PM   #5
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Sennid Isdotter

She patted her chestpocket absent-mindedly. Yeah, it was still there. She looked at the rogue that sat beside her from the corner of her eye, she didn't trust him one bit. Males usually couldn't be trusted, and especially not elves, that was one of the lessons life had taught her.
She made sure the gem was still there, she had a feeling that losing it would be a catastrophe. Anyway it was bound to be valuable.

She looked across the table at the ranger, Robin something, she hadnt really caught his name. He looked fishy, like he knew more than he was supposed to or maybe he was just one of those nature-loving fanatics that could name all the animals in the world but when confronted had the brain of a cabbage and couldn't probarbly count his own fingers.
Sennid took an instant dislike towards him.

Now the girl on the other hand looked like a very interesting character. Not only was she very beatiful, she also gave a very confident impression and could probarbly contribute greatly in combat.

She patted her chest-pocket again. Still there..
Sir ReGiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 08:23 PM   #6
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

OOC- sorry, but I don't have a portrait yet. I'll find one asap.

Skye

Skye gave an inward sigh, as she puzzled over the appearance of the moonstone. She sensed that somehow it must have some importance with this night, otherwise why would it have appeared? She noticed the ranger beside her glance her way again. He seemed to be slightly worried over something, as well as the others, she noticed, as her eyes scanned over their faces. Of course, she was no exception. Suddenly, a glint shown in her eye, and she realised that Robin had purposely shown his moonstone in her direction, out of sight of Sennid and Thalali. Moonstone?! Her eyes widened slightly as it dawned on her that her assumptions were probably correct. Somehow her, Robin, and most likely the other two were intertwined in their fates, but what that fate was, she did not know.

Feeling the strange urge to be alone to puzzle this mystery out before the moon rose, Skye pulled herself together inwardly, and her customary smile slid back into place. "Well, everyone sure is quiet," she commented brightly. "And on such a nice night too. Just look at that moon! All this seriousness isn't for me." She knew she was babbling a little, but the others had become used to it. "Maybe I'll go and compose a new ballad about the moon, to cheer you all up." Picking up her neglected harp, she strummed a few chords as she strode confidently out of the clearing.

Once out of sight, she hurried off until she reached a glade, once certain that no one had followed. Pulling the moonstone out of her pocket, she examined it closely again. Skye had a strange feeling of urgency to at least be able to tap some of its power... why, she did not know. She could feel it hovering right below the surface, and she attempted to reach for it, as she concentrated wholey on the small iridescent tear.

[ 09-11-2002, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Skydracgrrl ]
Skydracgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 12:23 AM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Skye, you stared at the stone and let your eyes capture the silver glow. the light danced before your eyes, while all else in the room faded distantly. You can sense a thin misty aura wrapped around the gem. You tried to tap your concentration through the mist and you saw the light jumping before you. You saw shapes and images rapidly changing and spinning, then you felt wind blowing against your face fliping your hair and the cold wind brought you back to reality. The images dissolved, and quietness of the little inn returned to you.

You felt another gust of wind, and looked up to see an elderly man walked through the open door. He dressed in clean robe and carried a wooden staff, nothing unusual was about. You smelt a thin dried scent of bitterness, one that reminded you of the medicines you took when you were a little child. The elderly man looked at you, his eyes were deep blue, and flickering the reflection of the inn's fire. A strange impression appeared to you that his eyes smiled, though his face did not.

"Found anything interesting yet?" He asked, then he looked up to the soured faces of three other sitting companions "I suppose not."
Old 09-12-2002, 12:48 AM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The gust of wind drew all four's attention. An elderly man entered the inn, his white hair was blown wildly. You hinted no weariness about his face. It seemed that age had not dimmed his handsome features, particularly that pair of blue orbs. Closing the door behind him, the elder man walked to the table where the three other companions were sitting, pausing only to speak to Skye. Then he stood before you

"Do you mind sharing a table, and perhaps a drink with an old man like me? Oh but I need a drink badly, the harshness of the mountain wind is killing my old bones"

He dressed in a grey robe, some of the clothe was worn, but appeared to be clean and neat. And he leaned his wooden staff against the table, it left a thick and deep "thud" sound.

The elder man reached into his robe and tossed a few silver coins over the innkeep's way: "Get me and my friends here some nice and warm ale," as if a reminder, he added "No cheap water-mixed wine, OK?"

He turned back to the campanions and said "Some of them always try to rip you off, I say, ALWAYS. One can never be too careful." He ended with a grin. Then he waved to the bard "Come join us, lass, eat and drink, you gotta be ready when the time comes"

Robin and Sennid, check you PM named "Elderly man"

[ 09-12-2002, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: 250 ]
Old 09-12-2002, 08:54 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Robin Clym

As the eldery man spoke to Skye, Robin quickly observed him. Normally he would just ignore the eldery man and continue whatever it was that he was doing, but there were several factors that he had to take into consideration.

One, the eldery man was either a loon, or he seemed to be involved in the mystery of the moonstone that Robin held in his hand.

Two, Sennid was not exactly the most sociable of people, but she might be biting off more than she could chew if she tries to pick on the eldery man, especially if his observations were correct.

Clearing his throat, Robin replied to the eldery man in a firm voice( not yet rough from use), trying to attract Sennid's and Thalali's attention to what he was going to say, "Time? I am afraid I do not understand what is it that you are trying to say."

Pausing for while, he continued to speak, "Your charity is much appreciated, but I am afraid we do not know each other. I am Robin Clym, they are Sennid and Thalali," then pointing to Skye, "and she is Skye. You must be a strong man to be able to survive in the mountains, not to mention that you wield such a heavy... steelpike staff."

Robin paused again to let it sink in, then for the benefit for everybody, he proceeded to explain a bit more, "Steelpike is a type of wood that is as heavy and strong as steel. So dense is this wood, that it cannot float on water. It is not often that I see an eldery man carry such a staff around. Nice smell you have there too, I presume it is a rose scent?"

Robin stopped talking. He hoped the other two got the gist of his message and contented himself to sitting back now and seeing what was going to happen next.

[ 09-12-2002, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 09:43 AM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The elderly man poured himself a drink, and pushed the bottle over to the middle of the table. He took a small sip, and let the warmth slide down his throat. Then he took another sip, and looked up

"Ahh, so many questions, and many more there will be after the old questions are answered. The greatest trapping of intelligence is itself. Pleased to meet you, I am a wanderer, and an observer. You don't like the drink? Hmmm, it is fairly competent. I don't think it is bad at all!"

He finished his drink, and reached for the bottle to pour another one
"And time, yes, the time is near. What pulls the heartstring of all bard's harps? What drives a warrior's sword? What dares a man to risk his life? What draws the hearts of all adventurers? And it shall be soon, so drink and eat while you still have the luxury to do it."

With that, he leaned comfortly against his chair, and let the cup's heat warm his hands.

Sennid and Thalali, more pms

[ 09-12-2002, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: 250 ]