Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2002, 08:04 PM   #1
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

This is probably going to be labeled "Too DAMN Easy", but anyway:

1. Load up on cloudkill wands
2. Get close enough to the dragon so that he shows up on screen
3. Move far enough away from him so that the shadows hide him, but you still are close to him
4. Once the shadows have engulfed him/her, get your mage, or you if you can use wands, to fire cloudkill at him at least 5 times, 10 times is the maximum then your computer gets way laggy
5. Once the dragon dies, have someone cast Zone of Sweet Air
6. Remove the loot
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 08:11 PM   #2
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Dunno about a legit way (exploiting bad AI) [img]smile.gif[/img] . And I think this has been fixed by one of the later bug fixes anyway but thanx for posting [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2002, 08:54 PM   #3
Helspanth
Quintesson

That is cheap my friend!I hated myself when I did this the first time!I reloaded and run the battle again!Call me a hardhead if you like but killing Dragons in an rpg is supposed to be one of the most epic moments in an adventurer's life!
Here is a high level strategy that according to me is legit:
Prepare a spell sequencer with 2 lower resistances and a greater malison
Cast time stop
Fire the spell sequencer
Cast another greater malison
Cast finger of death
Laugh as the dragon drops dead!
Old 01-26-2002, 08:59 PM   #4
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

I normally lower there reistance, the cast greater malison and then rush in with my Monk with Quivering palm and BAM One punch
and the dragon is dead.

Monks Rule

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: Daniel ]

Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 11:37 PM   #5
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Helspanth:
That is cheap my friend!I hated myself when I did this the first time!I reloaded and run the battle again!Call me a hardhead if you like but killing Dragons in an rpg is supposed to be one of the most epic moments in an adventurer's life!
Here is a high level strategy that according to me is legit:
Prepare a spell sequencer with 2 lower resistances and a greater malison
Cast time stop
Fire the spell sequencer
Cast another greater malison
Cast finger of death
Laugh as the dragon drops dead!

Well I don't kill Dragons with Cloudkill anymore, I just haste my characters, and cast breach whenever I can, and have my great fighters beat on it. Sure, most of them need LOTS of healing afterwards, but then again, at least the dragon is dead ;C)
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 01:54 AM   #6
PeeWee
Manshoon

About what lvl should you be or will you be around for the first Dragon encounter? I have yet to encounter one at lvl 11 and I'm not forcing it upon myself since I have tons of other things to do... but if it's a forced encounter, when would it be?
Old 01-27-2002, 02:17 AM   #7
Auraleus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think this is, but beter safe then sorry:

SPOILER!!!!
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
-
-
-
-
_
_
_
_

The only really "forced" dragon fight is towards the end of the game when you have to beat up the green(?) dragon in elf town

All other dragon encounters are by subquest or passive:

-Red dragon fight in windspear hills
-Shadow dragon fight (which is avoidable from having an item in you inv) in temple ruins
-Silver dragon quest, she gives you a quest in the underdark and will only attack you if you go swinging your sword at her head first

I think thats all of them
Old 01-27-2002, 08:38 AM   #8
Panaz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

PeeWee:
I killed Firkraag at lvl 11, and the shadow dragon at lvl 12. Firkraag was tough, but after some reloads i finally got the right tactic against him.
Panaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 08:41 AM   #9
Sorcerer Alex

Cloudkill never works. I don't understand how anyone has ever been able to kill Firkraag this way. Everytime he takes about a hundred hit points, he just casts 'cure'.
Old 01-27-2002, 09:16 AM   #10
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
Cloudkill never works. I don't understand how anyone has ever been able to kill Firkraag this way. Everytime he takes about a hundred hit points, he just casts 'cure'.

It's worked for me a couple of times, before I installed ToB. ToB has some AI fixes for exactly that...Dragons are not stupid enough to stand around in a cloud kill spell and not realize what happened.

I wouldn't considering using a wand of cloudkill and staying out of the sight range a legit tactics to kill a dragon, more of exploitation.

I'm soloing with a F/C right now and have disposed of both Firkraag and Thanxh'v...(sp) without cheese with either one, ie..using magic resistance..sometimes you just need to beat the snot out of some things.
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote