Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 08-30-2002, 09:41 PM   #11
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

I bought the game last night at Best Buy and for a penny!! you could buy the adventure pack.It has a bonus disk and a pack of cards and other little goodies not bad for 1 cent!!I'm just starting out and it's a lot dif. from the newer games like NWN and DS etc.But brings back the old BG2 and IWD type gameplay.Pretty good so far..Hope to see the forun up soon for a few tips from the pros out there...
Old 08-30-2002, 10:18 PM   #12
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I pre-ordered the collectors edition at Software Ect. in Winchester Virginia
and last week they called me and said come on over and pick up the Adventure Pack for free and they will call me as soon as the Collectors Editon arrives.
The Adventure pack has A Bonus CD, 8 Limited Edition Character Trading cards
same size as the ones that came with Baldur's Gate II Collector Edition Plus
the Exclusive Icewind Dale II Poster with a full color Creature Photo list on the back of the poster size 12" x 18" and I'm not complaining.
Just Playing Neverwinter Nights MODS will hold me until next week when the
Collectors Edition arrives. You can see what comes with the Game Both
Collecter and Standard At}
http://icewind2.blackisle.com/
read you later

[ 08-30-2002, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 08-31-2002, 08:11 AM   #13
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

I picked up a copy yesterday at Software Etc in our mall here with plans of barracading myself in my house for the weekend...After all my eager anticipation and waiting, I find bug after bug...

I'm running Windows ME and everytime I try to right click on an item to find out it's properties..the game crashes and sends me back to windows..It's quite simple to avoid 'this' crash...never try and check out your new items until they can be identified by a store, which sounds great in theory...Trying to remember it after you find some cool looking items is a different story.

I can't recall how many times I've had to reload to the auto-save...only to get my party demolished quite a few more times (playing on insane) before I make it back to my miraculous find...Frustrated at the delay is one thing, but after this long of a delay, they game is still riddled with bugs...yet another disappointing release of a long awaited game.

The AI path finding routine for your characters seemed to be written by a five year old. You can be directly in front of the area you are walking your characters to, and they will walk five minutes out of the way...pathetic to say the least.

The addition of the 3rd Edition AD&D rules adds a whole new dimension to the individuality of your characters, which is about the only good new addition. Hopefully, they can come up with a patch quickly, which can resolve the other issues and make the game semi-enjoyable now.
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 08:49 AM   #14
Azred
Drow Priestess

That is indeed strange, because mine runs like a dream--no flaws, no skips, great graphics, good music, etc. No bugs so far.

As much as I am a fan of Ironworks, you might want to check out the Black Isle board and see if others have experienced the same problems. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 08:52 AM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I pre-ordered through Amazon. And it's not here yet...
Old 08-31-2002, 10:44 AM   #16
Baldassare
Dungeon Master

I am running XP home and the game is quick and has (up til this point) absolutely no bugs or flaws in it. Probably has to do with Windows ME.
Old 08-31-2002, 12:14 PM   #17
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

On my last computer I had windows ME w/900 Meg Pent III I Had nothing but trouble Trying to Play Games. Back in December 2001 I bought all the Parts piece by piece and built A new Computer With A 1600 Megahertz Intel Pentium 4 Processor,256 kilobyte Secondary Memory Cache, 16 kilobyte primary cache. I could fill the page with everything I put in to make the best gaming computer I could and it all cost less than $700.00 ( it helped to have your best friend own A custom computer store, got most of the really expensive parts for cost + shipping )but most Important I installed Windows (98SD) so I could still play Baldur's Gate I & II along with Morrowind, Neverwinter Nights and all the other RPG games I own & will own. I never have any game Bug out on me, not even Pool of Radiance (what A dissapointment that game was) anyway what I'm getting at is - get rid of windows ME. I have been considering getting Windows XP But don't know anybody that plays the games I play and uses XP. I still use my old computer with ME loaded in it but its just for busness & my wife uses it to write letters to her Mother and other friends. Anybody out there that uses XP having any problems? Let us Know! If you look back into the arcives of Ironworks Forum you'll see many people have had problems with ME and you can contact http://icewind2.blackisle.com/ maybe they can help you in the support area without a bunch of patches and you and everyboby else with Windows ME will be able to play Icewind Dale II this weekend without dumping out constantly.
GOOD LUCK !!!
Old 08-31-2002, 01:28 PM   #18
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

No bugs here either been playing till past mid for the last two nights and no bugs whatsoever..using win 98,do miss being able to move the view around a bit as in NWN etc but still very nice so far..
Old 08-31-2002, 03:09 PM   #19
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

"The AI path finding routine for your characters seemed to be written by a five year old. You can be directly in front of the area you are walking your characters to, and they will walk five minutes out of the way...pathetic to say the least. "

You know i've read some reviews and they say this too....it really worries me as I know if the pathfinding does actually go back to BG1 style i'll end up freaking out and throwing my PC out the window - seriously, after the improvements they made to the AI in BG2 I could never go back - NEVER I SAY!!!

I am so hoping they can fix this in patches (is it simple enought to do?) and that they get off their asses and actually do it! I'm looking forward to playing this game big time...it seems a shame to ruin the experience with the return of an old problem which could easily have been addressed in the first place. *sigh*
Old 09-01-2002, 10:16 AM   #20
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Thanks for the link TheCrimsomBlade.. [img]smile.gif[/img] I was gonna try and find it later, but you saved me the time. The problem is easy enough to fix..if anyone has this problem, try changing your game configuration to 16 bit instead of 24 bit. It solved my problem.

As far as the game goes...I'm already looking for a good excuse to stay home a couple of days from work.
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote