Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2001, 09:32 PM   #1
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

If I click on the little red X and then on 'show picture' it shows up, but only for a while. It reverts to the blank oblongs with the cross every time I refresh the blasted page. Very irritating. Can other people see my sig? Is it just me that can't?
Advice needed, please, please, pretty please!

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 09-28-2001).]

Old 09-28-2001, 09:37 PM   #2
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

All I see are the rectangles with the little red boxes. Don't know anything about this other than to just ask: who's hosting those pictures? If you know.

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Owner/operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Mage extraordinair.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

"Allright! We'll call it a draw."
Old 09-28-2001, 09:49 PM   #3
Fljotsdale

Um. Forget who did it for me. In 'properties' part of the code for the image is www.ranchoweb

I think it is someone who is still here and has the site running, 'cos the picci shows if I click the X and sometimes it shows anyway..... very odd.

EDIT: when I click on that link I get 'Bad Gateway'.
------------------

Old 09-28-2001, 10:20 PM   #4
Tobbin
Red Dragon

It could be the servers are being updated or they are going the same route as Angelfire. If you open the pic directly, it is a direct reference whereas using the image tag is an indirect reference. I would suggest making a copy of the pic in case it is the latter and move it to another webpage if needed. If you wait til tomorrow, then most likely if there is a server update, it should be fine.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-29-2001, 04:05 AM   #5
Ziroc

If you need me to host your sig, just email me the files, I will.. no problem!!

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 09-29-2001, 08:06 AM   #6
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
If you need me to host your sig, just email me the files, I will.. no problem!!
Thanks, Ziroc! Um. What do I have to do to fins the files? Sorry, I am TRULY computer illiterate!

------------------

Old 09-29-2001, 09:05 AM   #7
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Thanks, Ziroc! Um. What do I have to do to fins the files? Sorry, I am TRULY computer illiterate!

when you emailing Ziroc, there should be an attachment section there, attach the files from your floppy disk or harddrive where you stored your images, and send

------------------

HEY! get away from my homepage!!
You know who and what I am... what are you going to do about it?
Old 09-29-2001, 11:24 AM   #8
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by adam warlock:
when you emailing Ziroc, there should be an attachment section there, attach the files from your floppy disk or harddrive where you stored your images, and send

Erm.... you really think I know where they are stored? I don't think they are on MY computer at all, but on the computer of whoever made the sig for me - and I have forgotten who it was - maybe Slackerboy, though. I know he helped. But I think it was someone else who actually got it up and running. It seems so ungrateful of me not to remember!

------------------

Old 09-29-2001, 11:31 AM   #9
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Erm.... you really think I know where they are stored? I don't think they are on MY computer at all, but on the computer of whoever made the sig for me - and I have forgotten who it was - maybe Slackerboy, though. I know he helped. But I think it was someone else who actually got it up and running. It seems so ungrateful of me not to remember!

Miss Fljostdale I'll bet it is Slackerboy hosting your sig. He is hosting mine as well and it seems to have the same Problem. I also didn't keep a copy of my sig. on my PC, just on my MAC. And the lovely Lady Dorothy (My wife) spilt something on the MAC's key board, it's Fried

------------------

Airline ticket to Afghanistan $800
High powered rifle with scope $1000
Hotel room with roof access $100
A clean Head shot on that sack of Horse Manure Usuma Bin Laden PRICELESS!
Old 09-29-2001, 02:25 PM   #10
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by John D Harris:
Miss Fljostdale I'll bet it is Slackerboy hosting your sig. He is hosting mine as well and it seems to have the same Problem. I also didn't keep a copy of my sig. on my PC, just on my MAC. And the lovely Lady Dorothy (My wife) spilt something on the MAC's key board, it's Fried
Oh dear! Thanks, John D!

BTW, keyboard> I don't know if this will work if it actually fried - but I once spilled something on my old keyboard. I unplugged it, gave it a quick rinse in cold water, and left it upside down to drain. Believe it or not, it carried on working unimpaired!
It's probably not recommended treatment, though - just the luck of the ignorant!

------------------