Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2001, 09:56 AM   #1
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Ok here's a new one. What do you like to do when you are not at work, playing computer games or are on this board? I'll, naturally, go first. I like to play games with my children (Monoply, Rummy, Go Fish, Sorry, The Crocidile Hunter etc... with my daughter and Elephant with my son. He's only two). After they go to bed I like to read and sometimes watch a show like Survivor, CSI (which comes on after) and Jay Leno. On pretty weekends we enjoy going camping. I also enjoy watching Football, Basketball and Nascar (typical husband stuff).

Now your turn

------------------
Sir Taliesin

Ten Rings there are, and nine gold torcs on the battlechiefs of old...
Old 03-08-2001, 10:01 AM   #2
Sir_Tainly

Well when I'm not doing computer stuff, I'm either painting models kits or watch motor racing, not that there much time left after working and commuting.
Used to play American football and work as a DJ on the campus radio station when I was at uni. If I get a chance to go on air doing hospital radio I would like to give that another try.

------------------

Old 03-08-2001, 10:01 AM   #3
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

What??!! You mean there is a life after work, this board and BG2??? hehe

Well i usually try to get some time to read a good book or three at the same time, play some other computer games (I know I´m very kid-loke when it comes to games, i just simply love it! ) and I try to spend time with friends, doing nothing or just go out clubbing or take a beer or ten talking about .. everything..

i also train(ed) krav maga but due to too much beating I have to keep away from training for some time and are thinking about taking up swiming and clibing to stay fit.

When I can take the time I love to go to our families summer house by the ocean and relax, listen to the ocean, and trying to write and paint but I don´t have much time for it now adays..

------------------

::HOWLING WOLFGIR THE MAD WOLF::
Old 03-08-2001, 10:04 AM   #4
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, I like to play BGII . . . no, that's on the computer . . . I write stories. . . nope, on pc as well . . . sleep? yeah, that's it. And eat! Oh, and I think I still have a girlfriend. Should probably check into that . . . hmmmmm. I read a lot, too. Listen to music in a candlelit room while looking into my ladyfriend's eyes . . . well, you get the pic. I like to play pool, hang with friends, and play sports. What kind? ALL!

BK
Old 03-08-2001, 10:05 AM   #5
JJ/newbie

when i don't have my daughter Amanda and am not on here or playing (90%) of my time it seems, fishing is always a good choice - got about 10 different places within 45 minutes of my front door, everything from westslope cutthroat trout, rainbow, and brookies to pike, sauger, walleye and bass. Some massage therapy on the side I am trying to build up, I seem to be heading toward specializing in reiki for fibromyalgia sufferers, I really seem to have a knack for helping with that, and word of mouth is starting to catch on. And of course, the search for the perfect dance partner on those occaisonal nights out.

------------------
When given a choice, take both.

Old 03-08-2001, 11:11 AM   #6
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, I have lots of hobbies, but since I work full-time I try to spend as much time as I can at home with my daughter. But I love to read, I used to paint (my mom was an artist, but I don't really have time for that anymore), needlework (I don't really have time for that anymore). I teach two friends of mine kids piano and I love to play (but I don't have time to do that anymore), I used to write some music (but I don't have time to do that anymore). Does anyone see a pattern here? I actually am looking forward to when I can retire and really do some of these things that I enjoy. I have a great job. . .but I hate working.

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-08-2001, 11:49 AM   #7
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

With the Merger and related integration activities at work, taking 12 credits at university, and playing BGII, I really don't do much else. In the spare time I do get....I am trying to repair my marriage (very time consuming, but fun ), travel (going to London in 1 1/2 weeks), downhill skiing in the winter, and mountain biking in the summer. I read alot, usually two hours in bed each night. I work a bit on a book that I am writing. I have been writing it for three years and have gotten the better part of 10 long chapters done....it is relaxing to write it and is interesting to go back over the stuff I wrote three years ago and see how much my writing style and my 'point of view on life' have changed! That about covers the 24 hours in my days

------------------
Old 03-08-2001, 11:55 AM   #8
Lillie
Dungeon Master

The genealogy bug bit me hard about six years ago, when I first got Internet access. I've managed to trace one side of my family back to Pennsylvania before the Revolutionary War!

I got my husband hooked as well, he's actually done more work on his family tree in the past year than I have on mine. Hmmm, all the CRPG's I've played in the past year *might* have something to do with that

Reeka, I share your pain about working full-time - it sucks! From 1995 to 1997 I was able to either not work at all, or just part time. I did volunteer work as a rehabilitator/trainer for injured wildlife (mostly endangered cranes, but I also helped smaller birds, along with possums and squirrels).

I also did volunteer work at my village's elementary school, working alongside kids who were doing a long-term natural science project.

In my free time back then, I'd go on long country drives, watch a soap opera, visit with friends, and take long nature walks with my dog. Oh, and sleep in

But, then my first marriage began to fail, and financial realities demanded that I return to the real world rat race. Sigh...
Old 03-08-2001, 12:11 PM   #9
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Moridin, it sounds like you have a good start on the marriage thing! Good luck!!

------------------
Sir Taliesin

Ten Rings there are, and nine gold torcs on the battlechiefs of old...
Old 03-08-2001, 01:19 PM   #10
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Sir Taliesan--
Thank you for the well wishes With a little bit of time, some hard work, and a lot of luck I think we may be able to sort things out!

------------------