Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-21-2001, 09:19 AM   #1
cheesus
Dungeon Master

hi

i'm just about to enter underdark now and i have really enjoyed the game so far - but thinking ahead, would it be possible to play with my main character again from the beginning of shadows of amn, with his relevant experience or items even? or is the only avenue open to me to install throne of bhall? it's just that i've got quite attached to him and would really like to replay the earlier parts of the game with a powerful character.

cheers for any help - sorry if this is dumb question, but at least i didn't ask how to kill kangaxx.
Old 11-21-2001, 09:29 AM   #2
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Sure. All you have to do is export your character from your character sheet. Start a new multi-player game and import him. No problem. Then I would suggest waiting for the first *auto-save* in the dungeon. Go into your desktop and copy your (multi-player) auto-save file into your single player file and you have your character and it runs as fast as a single player game.

(Note. This works also if you want to make them all and play a single player game.)
Old 11-21-2001, 09:35 AM   #3
cheesus
Dungeon Master

cheers for the quick reply - sounds strightforward enough - thanks!
Old 11-21-2001, 09:40 AM   #4
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

No, problem.....

[b] Welcome to the board!!!!!! [b]
Old 11-21-2001, 10:33 AM   #5
Kaleban
Manshoon

Actually, its even simpler than that.

When you beat the game, or just before you do, go into your stats screen "R" and click on EXPORT. Type in a name, then click done. Go back to your main menu, click on Start a New Game (single player if by yourself, multi if you wanna go online with him) then just Import the character. Regardless of which one you pick, you'll start with no items. There is a workaround for this...
SPOILER
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
When you start a new game, regardless of which type, you'll see a "black screen" just after the game has loaded. If you pause the game, your "bars" should come up, and you can go into Inventory and all your stuff should be there. Simply drop everything to the ground. Once the "torture" sequence is done and Imoen comes to help you, all your stuff will be piled at your feet. If doing this in Multiplayer, go through all your characters and do this. It will make the game rediculously easy from the start, but if playing on Insane for a challenge, or with friends online, I guess you can justify the "bug" being used.