Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 12-04-2000, 05:50 AM   #1
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Everytime I tried to give Talrik the longtooth hide to prove my worthiness (and get his treasure map), the stubborn fellow refused to take it. At first I thought he must be upset with me, maybe because he got caught in the blast from the fire bomb throwing Scourge of the Seas. He was waving his cutlass around pretty fiercely, so I tried to charm him. I tried handing the hide back and forth between characters to see if I needed the original conversant to hand it too him. I went over to Skull Island to find another longtooth, because my first hide came from a kill on the mainland. Nothing but the message "Talrik doesn't accept the hide". Tried all forms of keyword conversation, plus a few of my own (good thoughts as well as expletives). Killed the little fellow, and no map - but then it dawns. He has 3 or 4 bits of bric-a-brac for trade, and 6 hooks that my party had just given him, having picked them up in the pawn shop (have all members doing all quests). Reload, and pickpocket a few items off him - NOW HE ACCEPTS IT - WOOHOO again . I remember reading where someone couldn't get Medkawa to accept a potion - wonder if that wasn't a similar thing. Torin accepts 4 arrows, not all 6. It would be easy to trade some items to one of these "give" characters and fill up his inventory, thus leaving you tearing your hair out, and not able to give them the essential things. There's a motto there somewhere, but this post is too long already.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2000, 01:45 PM   #2
Lily the Ranger

Crafty Davros! Stealing instead of buying back! (I finally over came my moral block and had Mussy steal Grunaxe's ring back from his Boogre babe). Wouldn't it be nice if the character's just said, "No, thanks, I am up to my gills in items at the present?" Some NPC can be SO persnickety.
Old 12-14-2000, 01:18 PM   #3
teefha

Yes, i know the problem. NPC can hold only 6 items. Then u need to rebuy or steal something. I found it out, when i made some great deals with the stoutking...
Old 12-14-2000, 02:23 PM   #4
xenotoca

Davros Davros Davros what have you been doing reading this boeard wiyh your eyes shut. This problem has been discussed several times since you have been a regular on the board. It also can happen with Torin with the Dragon arrows and Jathril with the Scroll.

Oh and by the way plan what??? worked. Use that again and we have Ziroc throw you off the board.
(big smiley face if I could only work out how to use em)
Old 12-14-2000, 02:42 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

xenotoca -

: + D =

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2000, 02:53 PM   #6
xenotoca

Davros and Wyv

Old 12-14-2000, 02:55 PM   #7
xenotoca

it worked well im f...............eeling pleased that I can now do that.

D:

ok will stop showing off now