Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 11-09-2002, 07:22 PM   #1
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I can't seem to attack the thieves at all in some of the places in Lower Dorns Deep. They aren't hidden in shadows, and they do have a red circle. I click the sword over their circle, but my guys don't attack! Help please! Thanks. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 08:21 PM   #2
Jim
Quintesson

Yeah I know this bug. It happens because groups of 2 thieves spawn on top of each other, and therefore can't move. As soon as you take one of them out, the other can move freely. Problem is, you can't target either of them directly. Easiest way round this is to get you mage to cast a few fireballs and other potent area of effect spells.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 11:56 PM   #3
SirWillow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, I just ran into this to. Quite irritating until you figure out what's going on and why they're doing it.

In essence, the game is still thinking that all of the thieves are hiding in shadows and that they can't be seen, even though you've got them right there in front of you. Didn't seem to unfreeze them until they attacked, thus "revealing" them to yoru party so they could be seen to be attacked. I found 2 things that worked:

1. Area spells, like fireballs, spike stones, etc, worked well, killing them where they stood while they were still frozen.

2. Marching my paladin with the natural -11 AC up next to them and waiting for them to attempt an attack (all but one of them missed), thus "revealing" the theif and allowing me to attack with impunity. This actually turned out to be the more effective method when all was done, since it didn't waste spells, didn't hurt, just took a little more time.