Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-09-2005, 08:18 AM   #21
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Degrader:
The roof is lifting off your house? Then go to the basement!
I don't know one person over here in England that actually has a basement. It's an American thing.

Old 01-09-2005, 08:23 AM   #22
Blunderbuss
Zhentarim Guard

News this morning. Three reported deaths from strong wind.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:36 AM   #23
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

It's global warming

unless we stop the contributing to the greenhouse effect things like this will keep happening.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:08 AM   #24
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Global warming! i ahven't seen the sun in months!

Come to rainy cornwall.
At least there's no wind.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:35 AM   #25
Stratos
Vampire

It's just a "normal" storm that comes every now and then.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:57 AM   #26
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

it's been windy here for the past two years, more then average, that and Australia is in drought, and everything is just weird, and un-average.
You can't deny it's global warming.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:24 AM   #27
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Sorry, Intrepid. You can't deny that it's windier than average and that Australia is in drought. That doesn't mean it's global warming, though. It may be, but it may just be natural occurences.

I mean, perhaps it's because there is so much more electricity used these days, thanks to all these computers, that the electric companies are now using more wind-sourced electricity (windmills, etc.), and they're creating greater breezes that are picking up steam as they cross the oceans and the deserts.

If there's some proof or studies done that clearly identify the source of Australia's increased winds and drought, I'd like to read up on it, if you can provide links. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sheesh! This almost feels like a CE response! I'd better go get some caffeine this morning...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:40 PM   #28
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Jees o, tis windier today! 90mph, and it's freezing! Howz it around the rest of the globe?
Old 01-11-2005, 03:46 PM   #29
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Here in Slovenia, the weather rocks. Last year in January there was lots of snow. This year... nothing. Zilch. Zero. It's 10-13 degrees here.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:49 AM   #30
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Sorry, Intrepid. You can't deny that it's windier than average and that Australia is in drought. That doesn't mean it's global warming, though. It may be, but it may just be natural occurences.

I mean, perhaps it's because there is so much more electricity used these days, thanks to all these computers, that the electric companies are now using more wind-sourced electricity (windmills, etc.), and they're creating greater breezes that are picking up steam as they cross the oceans and the deserts.

If there's some proof or studies done that clearly identify the source of Australia's increased winds and drought, I'd like to read up on it, if you can provide links. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sheesh! This almost feels like a CE response! I'd better go get some caffeine this morning...
That's not how windmill's work! (from futurama)

but anyway, windmills won't produce more wind, if anything they would reduce it (by an absoloutly tiny ammount). I'm just saying weather is getting worse, just keep an eye on it, you will notice a deffinate comparable difference to a few years ago, it's really different and unaverage and the reason i have for this is global warming.