Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2006, 06:47 AM   #1
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Smiley

But...this will:

void main()
{

object oPC = GetLastKiller();

while (GetIsObjectValid(GetMaster(oPC)))
{
oPC=GetMaster(oPC);
}

if (!GetIsPC(oPC)) return;

object oTarget;
object oSpawn;
location lTarget;
oTarget = oPC;

lTarget = GetLocation(oTarget);

oSpawn = CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_ITEM, "rb_dagger", lTarget);

oTarget = oSpawn;
int nInt;
nInt = GetObjectType(oTarget);

if (nInt != OBJECT_TYPE_WAYPOINT) DelayCommand(0.5, ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, EffectVisualEffect(VFX_FNF_STRIKE_HOLY), oTarget));
else DelayCommand(0.5, ApplyEffectAtLocation(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, EffectVisualEffect(VFX_FNF_STRIKE_HOLY), GetLocation(oTarget)));

}

Put this in the module, and either #include it to the OnDeath, or replace the OnDeath script of any boss with this. It will create the appropriate item beside the PC. Note that you will have to change the OBJECT_TYPE_ITEM resref call to the appropriate item's resref.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:25 AM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Oh yes, the 'cannot drop' thingy. Nice call, Rob! Will add this today!!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:43 PM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

It's a great idea though, to have the King drop it, gotta fight for either one of them that way. I was listening to party chat last night and early this morning though, and then finally got my new monk to lvl 10, and no stone to be had, which is really frustrating, when you're looking at two of them...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:57 PM   #4
wellard
Dracolisk

As I discussed with RTB this is really a great idea / improvement. If you have the stone dropped by the king or dragon on lvl 10 only on a kill it will stop people sneaking past and just stealing the stones! maybe the same can be done on level 12?

Better yet using this script maybe a stone can now be dropped on level 8 but ONLY by killing the beast!!!! Having a stone for level 8 or some boss character in 6 for those that can not spend the time getting to 10 will be a major improvement! (hint) [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Good work Z and RTB!

[ 10-05-2006, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:38 AM   #5
wellard
Dracolisk

Well people I can report that Z has fixed this up. RTB and myself while under the guiding eye of some famous faerun wizards (and cat!) checked it out yesterday. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

When you go into the kings chamber and see no stone do not fret, all you have to do is kill the king and voila! a stone will apear! Im guessing the king respawns every so often so everyone should be happy [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Old 10-05-2006, 02:15 PM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

VERY NICE!
Old 10-05-2006, 02:52 PM   #7
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

I better level up and get down there to give it a go. Nice scripting.

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:45 PM   #8
wellard
Dracolisk

Just a word of caution to one and all, the king is not a pushover to kill, I would reccomend that you are at least 20th level to take him on, otherwise you will not be getting that stone. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Old 10-08-2006, 07:17 PM   #9
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Is there a way to work it into the script that if you have 2 or 3 people in the party that multiple stones drop? Reason I ask is Roddy and I killed him last week and only 1 stone droped. We had to go kill the dragon for the other one. Now if it was scripted to drop the amount of stones equal to the party then that could work.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:28 PM   #10
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

I like this new movement. In fact, I would not mind similar changes to the dragons (improved prizes and improved competency). That's already been discussed. Thanks to RTB and StigTC, not to mention Roddybug, I was finally able to make it down to Level Ten and go after the Lizard King and his cronies. I would, however, like to see the Lizard King's sword gain some improvements... and him get a little bit of a level boost as well. Maybe it was the quality of my comrade (the legendary and always helpful RTB) that allowed us to slay him with impunity, though. As well, I was playing a higher level cleric with a certain spell available to me... *ponders that for a while*

Regardless, Ziroc, your work (as it normally is) was brilliant. Found the trick to the treat as well. Very nice little shift for those whom are trying to run down to lower levels. I was wondering, though, if anything special will be placed in those chests in the room with the four Lizardmen Priests when the new update hits. If so, I'll definitely be paying those four a visit with a greatsword... *grins maliciously* Mayhaps those four need an upgrade as well then to make the level more challenging all around? After all, the most powerful henchman (so far) is available to be picked up on that level...
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote