Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-10-2001, 12:10 AM   #1
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hi, I'm currently playing female kensai-mage and have the following characters : Minsc, Jaheira, Anomen, Jan.

As I plan to have 2 fighters in the party, I'll have to decide between Keldorn, Minsc and Mazzy (don't quite fancy Valygar as he isn't a very interesting character). At first I thought it would be great to have Keldorn to wield the Holy Avenger sword, but now I'm not so sure whether it's a waste since he'll always be using it and there are so many other good weapons to acquire (but no one to use it). His dispel and true sight are fantastic, though. Overall, his character is quite plain.

I figure Mazzy would be a great archer with Tansheron's Bow (and later, Gesen Bow) and considering converting her to dual wield (with axes). Mazzy has a wonderful voice and performs solidly without yelling or whining, and her heroism is so inspiring.

Minsc & Boo are just pure fun and with him, I'd probably dual wield as well (to take advantage of weapons acquired).

This is really a difficult choice, so if anyone has any suggestions, could you please share them here?

Thanks!!

Note: Jaheira is there cos she has already sacrificed so much to defend my character (so I got the ring of wizardry, yes!) and in case Anomen walks out on me at any point in the game.

Old 09-10-2001, 07:26 AM   #2
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Keep Minsc, he's fun and as he levels up he gets good enough. Mazzy is a good addition as well. Take her with you. Just add Mazzy and be done with it. When you play on, you'll kick one of them out, I guess

------------------
There's something in your eyes, ah no, I see now, it's the reflection of my deadly gaze - Mirac Honorguard
(Necromancer)
Old 09-10-2001, 12:55 PM   #3
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

There's also other good swords in Soa and ToB. Minsc is kiler with Vorpal sword and also you can equip him with dual wielding 2 swords or what you like
Old 09-10-2001, 04:00 PM   #4
oldbittercraig
Elminster

It's a tough choice, but any party has to make some tough decisions on who to keep, who to ditch.

Both Minsc and Keldorn have more positives than negatives, so go with whoever fits the general concept of your party more...