Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-08-2000, 12:28 AM   #1
antaren420

teambg is up and running again, thank god. i saw the level 50 cap patch, and i was wondering a few things about it, if anyone has already tried it out:

first, i know that even with the old exp cap remover a worrior and such would still get the thaco and save bonuses, but if a wizard wanted the spells the higher levels gave, you would have to manually edit the character. does this new level 50 cap give those extra high level spells to a mage? does it also give the ability bonuses that must kits get with the amount of levels, such as the archer's called shot and the assassin's poison weapon ability?

also, i assume that if this exp cap is accurate, then the really high levels (such as level 30) are going to have very high exp requirements, how in the world do you get that experience? i hit the 2.9 mill exp cap in the end of chapter 6, which is very close to the end of the game, and this was after compleating all of the side quests. i assume i'm going to have to back track allot if i want to get that exp without bumping it up with shadowkeeper or the cheat commands (the only char i ever edit is the mage, for those extra level 8 and 9 spells from the unatainable level 18, 19, and 20).

if these very high levels are going to have exp requirements that is too high to just go around the game and earn from killing critters, has anyone found any custom creatures for bg2? would these creatures be automatically implemented in the game when they are installed, or would i have to use the consol commangs and summon them? please help

Old 12-08-2000, 03:22 AM   #2
_max_RUSSKIE

Hhhmm not quite understood you there but,

summon pit fiends constantly = 16000 exp's a pop. ( I did the same trick in bg1 to have a lvl 7 char at the beggining : i constantly killed Firbead Elvenhair 2700 exp's!)

Old 12-08-2000, 03:34 AM   #3
Armisael

EP to level up doesn't work like that in AD&D - it doesn't continually climb. After a certain level, the TNL simply becomes a set amount (usually 300,000 to 350,000) for each additional level.

Old 12-08-2000, 05:37 AM   #4
Satyre

I've got the lvl 50 patch and tried out a hi-xp sorcerer and mage but neither seemed to get any additional spells after lvl 20.. do I have to edit these myself and if os, where can I get info on spell progression after vlv 20??

Old 12-08-2000, 06:19 PM   #5
antaren420

bump