Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 11-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #1
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Default Anyone else NOT looking forward to playing a Panda?

I'm talking ofcourse about WoW. To my understanding millions of subscriptions have been cancelled wordwide over the past few weeks ever since the announcement of the upcoming expansion. I wouldnt take such drastic measures myself, but it would make the decision to leave WoW for what it is and join the upcoming KotOR onlinecommunity instead a lot easier. A cuddly creature like a panda has little or no business in a world that consists of dragons, ogres, trolls, and other dark creatures imho.

What do you think?
Old 11-09-2011, 10:15 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Default Re: Anyone else NOT looking forward to playing a Panda?

I quit WoW months ago, Cataclysm was....... I'll leave it at that. A lot of people quit for the same reason. When I read they are adding Pandas I really had to wonder WTF they are thinking at Blizz. The games been stale for a couple years and thats the best they can do?

I'm waiting on Kotor myself too Johnny, hopefully it doesnt suck. I'm sure there will a thread here when it comes out so we can discuss
Old 11-10-2011, 07:13 AM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Panda? WTF? Are you serious? I could have swear Blizzard not wanting to put Pandaren earlier into wow as not to offend the chinese? When did Blizzard change their mind?

Whish shows you how much I'm out of loop of gaming and stuffs.

No more mmorpg for me since I quit WoW years ago. I'm waiting for Diablo 3 and that's it. No game for me for quite some time. Well, maybe I'll take a peek at Mass Effect 3 as I'm dying to know how Shepard is going to stop an army of Reapers from destroying Earth.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Upset Re: Anyone else NOT looking forward to playing a Panda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOA View Post
The games been stale for a couple years and thats the best they can do?
I guess so. It has indeed been stale. Cata actually seemed to do have alot to do with it, despite its original purpose being to invigorate WoW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny View Post
A cuddly creature like a panda has little or no business in a world that consists of dragons, ogres, trolls, and other dark creatures imho.
Bah, people said that about Zeppelins, Rocket-ship mounts and jet boots. If I can put down land mines and throw bombs at people, then Pandarens ain't that much of a stretch. Remember, we have aliens from another planet whose ship crash-landed near Darkshore, and people seem to have adapted. And the Pandarens have been in previous Warcraft games.

Basically, Blizz being the masters of rip-off that they are, saw Kung-Fu Panda, knew immediately that half of their job had already been done for them and figured it a perfect time to introduce more Kung-Fu Pandas into their world. The animation was already done by Dreamworks aswell as the quirky details. From how they "Bounce" around (Panderen racial) to their love of food (another racial) to the various aspects used in the movie. It was a no-brainer.

I do like the addition of the Monk class. It sounds awesome. And, I like oriental factions if done properly. I am not looking forward to release and that starting-zone. Overall, expect more of the same.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:35 PM   #5
Jorath Calar
Harper

Ehmm, the Pandaean Chen Stormstout was in Warcraft 3, years before Kung Fu Panda... I always liked him but basing a whole expansion on the Pandas seems quiet lame, but the players reactions to it are very extreme.
I took a long break from Wow after Cata and am having very hard time coming back... and now that I got Skyrim it seem I won't go back to Wow for a while.
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:52 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Me. I am NOT looking forward to playing a panda!

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I also quit WOW long ago.. its dying anyway kinda.. I wish it wasn't. I had many fond memories in the game. it was once magical.. now its all about stat crunching and gold farmers in the AH....

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:53 PM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I will still play a Panda though it will be my joke class. I've invested too much in this game, running a raiding guild, making heaps of friends, to quit now!

Old 02-01-2012, 02:32 AM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Same here, already reserved a name as well for a panda, which is gonna be my 17th char.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:39 PM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Well I'm playing SWTOR while waiting for the Pandaz to show up and actually enjoying it. Haven't checked out endgame yet, and the flashpoints (dungeons) are pretty easy tank and spank, but the storyline is really engaging. I'm just logging in to farm the gems I need for my legendaries from reg full clears of Dragon Soul and Deathwing kills in WoW these days - we're not even really going for heroics these days.