Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2008, 06:23 PM   #11
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Default Re: Finally dinged 70 yay!

Yeah, and warriors/paladins for use of envenom.

and feral druids.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:02 PM   #12
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Awesome mate. Link to your rogue? I can easily go for Vile Poisons. Also why Wounding instead of Deadly for MH?

Also, what are a good pair of boots? I don't want to have to enchant twice.

Can't believe they nerfed Cheat Death.
Wounding reduce the healing effect on that person you are beating. Pretty handy when there's an enemy healer nearby healing his party members.

That's how I ( a pve rogue with full pve gear) beat an S2 warrior on a 2v2 arena match season 3. It became a hot news on my guild.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:12 PM   #13
Lavindathar
Harper

Grats Memm!

Now ditch these ideas of PvP, take a leaf out of mine and Timber's book, and go PVE!!!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:42 PM   #14
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

At this late stage of the game? Screw pve and go pvp. While the scrubs are stucked with T4 gear. You are loaded with S2/S3/S4 gears.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:39 AM   #15
Lavindathar
Harper

But i look at people in arena gear and just laugh. Especially S2.

I had over 2k in Season 2, which back then was impressive.

Now-adays everyone has brutal, and for some classes its so easy to get. All i need to do is throw on my S2 that i earnt back in the day, spec SL/SL, and with a resto druid partner can have 2k in a week or so. PvP isn't skill, its based on class line up. Even if your a noob, you can get to 2k if you play enough games if you're a warlock/rogue/warrior/priest and have the right class partner.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:53 AM   #16
Zink Whistlefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Awesome mate. Link to your rogue? I can easily go for Vile Poisons. Also why Wounding instead of Deadly for MH?

Also, what are a good pair of boots? I don't want to have to enchant twice.

Can't believe they nerfed Cheat Death.
Here's my rogue (who is currently benched until I have my druid all pimped out in S4 gear) - a couple more welfare S2 items and the boots and he's pretty much there.

As others have said - Wounding poison is handy for taking down healers, or classes being healed. It's essentially the rogues mortal strike debuff once you have enough stacks applied and you want to make it as hard as possible to remove. Against non healing classes, it's up to you, instant poison if you want a little added burst DPS, Deadly to prevent rogues restealthing (although I tend to land rupture for this).

Boots for PvP will have to be either the S3 Vindicator's boots (which are quite cheap now) or the S4 Guardian's ones, but for the latter you need an arena rating of 1700. I'll get the S3 ones for now as I haven't got a suitable 2v2 partner yet.
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:25 AM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Cheers mate, been checking out your gear. Do you think it's worth me upgrading my goggles to S2 headpiece before I go into arena? Or do I just say bugger it and go in?

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:29 AM   #18
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Also, who's the best partner for us sub rogues for 2v2?

Also, in terms of specs, I assume sub is the best spec for arena (since it's the best for BGs) right?

Any other arena tips for someone who's never been? I'm pretty good (or I think I am) at pvp, and I know how to use my CC and cooldowns, but I'm sure arena is different from BGs.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:31 AM   #19
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
Grats Memm!

Now ditch these ideas of PvP, take a leaf out of mine and Timber's book, and go PVE!!!
LOL at some point I'll definitely do that.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:56 AM   #20
Zink Whistlefly

Looks like your current headpiece gives you higher DPS at the expense of survivability - ideal for PvE, however arena is a war of attrition, so you want maximum survivability. I do however think you should just go for it and start doing arena to accumulate the points before you get the S2 helm .

If you do embarassingly badly, you still earn points and you can just start up a new team to reset your ratings.

Sub rogues have lots of options in 2v2 at least. Here's a few options;
  • Disc priest
  • Resto druid
  • Dreamstate resto druid (aka Restokin - see my druid for this) - lose some healing power but gain mana efficiency and DPS
  • Feral druid (this can work, as the feral druid provides good burst DPS and buffs your damage whilst you lock the healer down)
  • Mage (Mage/Rogue fights are intense, they have so much CC and DPS)
  • Shadow priest

In terms of arena tips, I don't think I'm particually good (I find it remarkably stressful!), but having impeccable team co-ordination is an absolute must, so for this you ideally need to use TeamSpeak/Vent or something to talk to your partner. For example in a 2v2 match against a healer/DPS, with my Warlock partner, we wait until the DPS is below 50% HP, and then we start a CC rotation using cyclone, bash, spell lock, DC and fear on the healer to give us time to finish off the DPS. Without speaking, he might end up using spell lock or DC after I have cast cyclone which would ruin the rotation (or vice versa). If you can pull it off, you'll win, and it feels great. Screw it up and you'll most likely break your keyboard

Lots of people love arena. Others (like me) love BG and world PvP and only do arena because that's where the best rewards are It is exactly how Lavindathar suggested with class matchup - it's basically World of RockPaperScissorscraft.
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote