Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-31-2004, 09:57 AM   #1
DeMolay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

my friend told me that monk is the stronger character of Baldur's Gate. is this true? if u dont agree.. please tell me what the strongest of the game would be.. for me i think mage is the strongest.. as long as u know how to use it.
I see sunlight for only 2 times a day, a few seconds at sunrise which signifies its time for me to sleep, and a few seconds at sunset where its time for me to wakeup and play again.. that\'s what you get when you are addicted to BALDUR\'S GATE SAGA!
DeMolay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 06:38 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

The answer is simple: The strongest character is the character that most often wins.

Which is not entirely a facetious reply: Winning is a product of knowhow, intelligent planning, sound tactics, and (of course) powerful items, more than it is of choosing a class/kit and rolling good stats. Therefore, the strongest character is neither the Monk nor the Mage.....the strongest character is you.

With that said, not all classes and kits are created equal. The Beastmaster and Shapeshifter, in particular, suck balls. The most powerful characters are usually held to be the Sorcerer, Cavalier, Archer, Berserker, Kensai->Mage, Wizard Slayer->Thief, Fighter/Mage, Fighter/Thief, and Ranger/Cleric. Monks, while very powerful in SoA, actually fall behind the level of power attainable by a pure Fighter in ToB, due to the fact that they are barred from using most of the items in the game.
Old 01-31-2004, 06:45 PM   #3
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
six
-----------------
With that said, not all classes and kits are created equal. The Beastmaster and Shapeshifter, in particular, suck balls.
unless you use weimer mod for the shifter. they made it too weak before.. now alittle too powerful. but they did not give the proper stats for the shifter anyway

[ 01-31-2004, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: Harkoliar ]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 08:12 PM   #4
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Don't forget the Cleric/Mage, Six

FFFFFF">DSlaytern] Pardon the post hijack.

Please direct all further replies to this duplicate thread.

[ 02-01-2004, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote