Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-30-2002, 09:51 PM   #21
Legolas
Jack Burton

1. If you aren't already in college, do you plan to attend college?
I'm planning to go to university in Groningen next year

2. If you are thinking of going to college, can you tell me why? Was it your idea, your parents idea or do you want fame, money, etc...? Or maybe it's just because everyone else is? What is your reason? (if you are IN college now, answer this too, if you like! [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Mainly because mostly everyone else is..

3. Do you respect your parents? If not, why?
My father, yes, my mother, I don't know. I've never known my father to be strict, and though we're not really close (having an older brother and a younger sister kinda steals away the attention you get [img]smile.gif[/img] ) I certainly respect him.
I think I respected my mother, but she died of breast cancer over ten years ago, and my memories of her are growing dimmer every day. Still, I remember her as a kind and gentle person as well, and I am certain that was how she was and she deserves my respect.

4. If your parents tell you to do something, do you autmoatically do the opposite? Think of it but do what they ask? Debate the issue with them til you come to a mutually agreeable solution? In other words, how do you feel about their authority over you?
Usually, there is no telling me to do something, just a suggestion. But whatever the case, it's open to debate.

5. What do you think stealing is? In other words tell me some situations you'd consider to be stealing. Also, do you think it's wrong always, sometimes, never, to steal? Explain if you say sometimes or never, please! [img]smile.gif[/img]
It's a thin line between stealing and extended borrowing... but to me stealing is taking something which is not yours, without the rightful owner being aware and in agreement that you took it. Excluding hypothetical situations, it's always wrong.

6. What is your favorite way to spend time if you are able to do it?
I'm pretty happy posting here, actually [img]smile.gif[/img]

7. Do you like school? Why do you or don't you like it?
There are days I like it, there are days I hate it. Most of the time I just go to school without any love/hate feelings

8. Do you think you will find a rewarding job/career one day? What kind of work are you interested in?
Good chance. I'm planning on doing pharmacy.

9. What's your most precious dream? I mean what do you want to do more than anything else in your life? If you could have or do anything you wanted right now...what would it be?
I'm rather whimsical when it comes to things like this. If I write something here I'll come back regularly to edit the post...

10. Do you have a part time job now? What is it? Do you do odd jobs for money, like shovel driveways or such?
I'm having difficulty just spending my allowance. Not that it's such a large amount, I'm rather happy with what I have right now.

Thanks so much for taking time to read/answer my thread!
You're welcome [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2002, 01:19 PM   #22
Lavindathar
Harper

Glad I inspired you Cloudy!!!

1. If you aren't already in college, do you plan to attend college? I do attend college...I take English, Maths, Accounting, Computing and General Studies. These are all A-levels. The hardest qualification in the world to obtain (muche easier than our University degrees I'm led to believe!)

2. If you are thinking of going to college, can you tell me why? Was it your idea, your parents idea or do you want fame, money, etc...? Or maybe it's just because everyone else is? What is your reason? (if you are IN college now, answer this too, if you like! )I went to college for my own benefit. I obviously had the brains, mu GCSE results proved this. Even though I didn't know what I wanted to do, I knew that going into further education was the only way for me to progress in life, and to obtain the qualifications that would give me access to the higher paid jobs!

Yeah, course I do. I fall out with them an awful lot (more than Binky does), but I still respect them. I dnt see how you cannot respect your parents....they're, your parents!!!hehe!

4. If your parents tell you to do something, do you autmoatically do the opposite? Think of it but do what they ask? Debate the issue with them til you come to a mutually agreeable solution? In other words, how do you feel about their authority over you?Lol, I'm 17. My usuall response is either:

i)Can't Tom do it??
ii)In a minute!

But I usually always do it in the end...I'm just lazy, what can I say?

5. What do you think stealing is? In other words tell me some situations you'd consider to be stealing. Also, do you think it's wrong always, sometimes, never, to steal? Explain if you say sometimes or never, please!
I guess this is directed at me!!!

Ok, stealing is taking something wihtout someone's permission. I.e - stealing sweets from a shop, or stealing videos from a shop. Stealing is not, paying the wrong price and NOT owning up!(hehe Cloudy!). I disagree with stealing, but even though it is never right, I can sympathise to people who steal if they have too (i.e food NOT drugs!). I probably wouldn't grass them in if they had to steal!

6. What is your favorite way to spend time if you are able to do it?Playing computer games, reading books, and BEING WITH STACEY!

7. Do you like school? Why do you or don't you like it?I'm at college, but yeah, I enjoy it. It's a good laugh! And I get to learn!

8. Do you think you will find a rewarding job/career one day? What kind of work are you interested in?Yes, I think so. I have the ability, I just need to put my head down and concentrate. And I'm not sure what I want to be, an RAF pilot maybe, or an accountant. Or something to do with computers!

9. What's your most precious dream? I mean what do you want to do more than anything else in your life? If you could have or do anything you wanted right now...what would it be?
The dream that I have most, that is theoretically possible, is to be rich. The others usually involve me having magical powers or somethign.

10. Do you have a part time job now? What is it? Do you do odd jobs for money, like shovel driveways or such?
I work at a Theme Park. All ym holidays, weekends, are spent here. But I get lots of money, and it's a good laugh. the best bit is looking at my bank balance!

[i]Great thread Cloudy, enjoyed it. Hope I gave an insight into a 17yr olds head!

[ 03-31-2002, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]
Old 03-31-2002, 05:56 PM   #23
Encard
Quintesson

1. If you aren't already in college, do you plan to attend college?
Yes.

2. If you are thinking of going to college, can you tell me why? Was it your idea, your parents idea or do you want fame, money, etc...? Or maybe it's just because everyone else is? What is your reason? (if you are IN college now, answer this too, if you like! )
My idea... reasons... money, mainly. It's very unlikely I could get a decent job without it, so I'll go. Fame is always nice too, of course... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Pretty much.

4. If your parents tell you to do something, do you autmoatically do the opposite? Think of it but do what they ask? Debate the issue with them til you come to a mutually agreeable solution? In other words, how do you feel about their authority over you?
That depends on what they want me to do... I won't just do the opposite out of spite, but if it seems stupid I'll see why they want me to do it (and see if I can get out of doing it). Or at times when I'm tired/etc, of course... *shrug*

5. What do you think stealing is? In other words tell me some situations you'd consider to be stealing. Also, do you think it's wrong always, sometimes, never, to steal? Explain if you say sometimes or never, please!
Stealing... taking something that's not technically your property with the intention to keep it. Hmm... I'd say that it usually is wrong, but not in all cases, since if someone took something from you, in some cases you'd be right in taking something of their's, or if they were using something to hurt you with... that sort of thing.

6. What is your favorite way to spend time if you are able to do it?
*grin* This one's pretty simple... computer games, books, and other such things... I don't really like sports or other physical activityy much. [img]smile.gif[/img]

7. Do you like school? Why do you or don't you like it?
It's not too bad, but I don't like it much either... it's highly boring in general, so I don't find it very enjoyable... Last year was worse though, with insane evil teachers... oh, well...

8. Do you think you will find a rewarding job/career one day? What kind of work are you interested in?
I think so and hope so, but who knows? What type of work... well, I like art, so something along the lines of various art related things might be nice. Who knows, i might even manage to get a job working on game graphics and such. *shrug* Still thinking about it...

*grin* Most precious dream? No real idea... I'll have to think about that one...

No... thought of a cheerful thing to do int eh summer, though... make and sell characters for some fancy online game like Asheron's Call, DAoC, etc... *grin* *shrug* *tip*
Old 03-31-2002, 10:03 PM   #24
SecretMaster
Apophis

1.I plan on attending college
2.Well i do believe that to be a NASA Engineer, you need a college education unless your a complete genius.
3.Sometimes. They can be cool sometimes, other times there complete @$$holes.
4,They think that they own us.
5. No comment
6.Favorite way to spend time, read, go to IW, run, take hikes, think to myself.
7.Most of school sucks. Right now, i'm in 7th grade, i know half the crap were learning, English is too easy, the vocab is too easy, science is a piece of cake, math is pretty decent, and I don't care about history of the U.S. for SS.
8. I think I'll find a rewarding job yes. I find these jobs interesting- UFOlogist, Space Theorist, NASA Engineer, Anything Space related
9. I would want to be the NASA engineer who is able to make the first rocket to leave the solar system. I also want to be the first to truly find hardcore evidence of proving that UFO's exist, (that which i'm working on) and thats pretty much it.
10. No part-time job.
Old 03-31-2002, 10:12 PM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, Lav it IS interesting to read the replies! I'm really happy to see so many! You are all pretty interesting people! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cloudy