Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2001, 01:06 AM   #1
Ravana
Dungeon Master

Hi people,
my games suddenly frozen for no reason. I load up my games ok., and then I get a weird scrolling effect where I'm taken to the far north of the map, even though my team are alsewhere. I click on my guys but the screen still takes me up-and I cant move off the screen with my mouse. Whats going on???
I dont know if this is relevant-but when I last played I was having trouble with Viconia. I've just started playing with an evil group and each time I took her into the govt. district she would be stuck, rooted to the spot just inside the entrance to the map. This is the first time I loaded up since then, and now I am getting this weird freezing effect-are they related??
I downloaded the patch ages ago-is there another one that I need?? To solve both my Viconia problems and the whole freezing thing.
Please help!!!
Old 06-08-2001, 01:10 AM   #2
Ratweed
Manshoon

I had the same problem and i think it was due to my video card. i just downloaded the most recent version of it and went through and mad sure every thing was running properly after that it never happened agian
Old 06-08-2001, 01:22 AM   #3
Ravana
Dungeon Master

yeah but it was working fine a couple of days ago, I've already completed thr game and played around with stuff over the last 3 months of playing BG2.
Can. it change like that all of a sudden??
Thanks for the quick reply btw.
Old 06-08-2001, 01:24 AM   #4
Ratweed
Manshoon

Well hmm whats your video card and whats the games fps set at?
Old 06-08-2001, 01:42 AM   #5
Ravana
Dungeon Master

Its a geforce 2, and the fps is at about 30 I think. I play on a mates pc by the way, as I dont have one of mine own .