Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2001, 07:08 PM   #1
bleaker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well met.I've read through a bunch of information about BG2 and I'm concerned about the npc's that I have to choose from. Is it true that there aren't enough npc's to have a group made up of single classed characters? If so,I have to admit that I'm reticent about making those decisions because I prefer to avoid dual and multi-classed npc's. Also, if there are enough single classed people to fill out my party will they make a balanced group? Are their alignments going to be a problem or are there alignment changing items that will help me drag them kicking and screaming from the dark side?(a helm of alignment or something similiar) I know there is a tiefling npc and due to my love for the Planescape campaign setting I will HAVE to have him in my group. I really hope his alignment doesn't cause any problems. Sorry about all the inane questions and thanks in advance for any help or suggestions...
Old 10-07-2001, 07:32 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Okay here are a list of the single class characters. Make up your own mind if there's enough for a group, I don't know what balance you like so I won't offer an opinion.

Minsc, ranger, chaotic good
Haer-dalis, blade, chaotic neutral (he's the tiefling)
Mazzy, fighter, lawful good
Edwin, conjuror, chaotic evil
Viconia, cleric, neutral evil
Korgan, berserker, chaotic evil
Cernd, druid, true neutral
Keldorn, inquisitor, lawful good
Valygar, stalker, chaotic good
Yoshimo, bounty hunter, neutral.

Spoilers
;
;
;
;
;
;
Minsc and Edwin will fight, Keldorn and Viconia will fight, and Yoshimo can't be played all the way through.

------------------

Goddess of Undress
Co-owner of the Evil Petting Zoo and Sorceress of the HADB
OLD COOTS eye candy and Disrobed Division of the ORT
And her sidekick Pink

"High hopes...an endless river...forever and ever"
Old 10-08-2001, 02:04 PM   #3
Nifft the Nimble

Quote:
Originally posted by bleaker:
Well met.I've read through a bunch of information about BG2 and I'm concerned about the npc's that I have to choose from. Is it true that there aren't enough npc's to have a group made up of single classed characters? If so,I have to admit that I'm reticent about making those decisions because I prefer to avoid dual and multi-classed npc's. Also, if there are enough single classed people to fill out my party will they make a balanced group? Are their alignments going to be a problem or are there alignment changing items that will help me drag them kicking and screaming from the dark side?(a helm of alignment or something similiar) I know there is a tiefling npc and due to my love for the Planescape campaign setting I will HAVE to have him in my group. I really hope his alignment doesn't cause any problems. Sorry about all the inane questions and thanks in advance for any help or suggestions...

Hail and well met! What an interesting requirement. You have one big problem: no thieves. So you're going to have to be the thief. Personally I love Bounty Hunters, but Assassins and Swashbucklers are probably lots of fun too.

The rest of the good news is: you're going to be EVIL. The best single-class characters are all evil: Viconia, Edwin and Korgan. The Tiefling Bard is going to be an interesting addition to this party. He's Chaotic Neutral and won't get too pissed as long as your reputation stays above 1
-- Nifft