Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-07-2001, 05:27 AM   #1
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

I was just wondering how many people have played bg1 and completed it? i have twice and it is still a good game even tho a bit more limited than Bg2 but it seems the majority of people on this board seem not to have played im confused is this just peoples obsessions with wanting the power and class selesction u can get in Bg2 over 1 or wat?
Old 05-07-2001, 05:33 AM   #2
BladeMaster

I have played BG1 21 times because it is so much fun playing and with TOTSC and DSOTSC it is even better

------------------

Old 05-07-2001, 05:38 AM   #3
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

jeez that is a lot of times. i got bg1 pretty late even tho i had rented it out a couple of times previously so i only completed it for the second time just after i got it and then what do ya know Bg2 comes out so on to Bg2 i got but im thinking im going to go back to bg1 for a change
Old 05-07-2001, 05:44 AM   #4
Killer
Banned User

i have played all but not planescape tournament but all that have released

death is the way of life Killer
Old 05-07-2001, 06:06 AM   #5
Floraowe
The Magister

I've done BG1 twice, will start a 3rd soon, after I finish my current games of BG2 & Planescape. I'm kind of excited about this, since I haven't played DSotSC before. I really liked BG1, and it hasn't gone down in my estimation at all through having played BG2. They should be different in style, IMO, because they're telling two different parts of the story. In BG1 you're just this puny guy running around having a good time, but at the end you find out you're actually a demigod. Naturally it changes your life, and that's reflected in the plot & tone of BG2. Which is why I still like BG1 so much, even though I can become so much more powerful in BG2 - it's much more light-hearted, and that can be fun too. Having said that (and very long-windedly, too), I am *not* looking forward to the old style of journal keeping!

------------------
Old 05-07-2001, 06:22 AM   #6
BladeMaster

I got BG1 When it first came out. If you want DSOTSC go to

www.teamBG.com and go through their link

------------------

Old 05-07-2001, 06:23 AM   #7
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

well i havent got totsc so i cant use dsotsc. im annoyed
Old 05-07-2001, 08:23 AM   #8
Epona
Zartan

I played BGI before BGII was released. I only bought it a couple of months before BGII (I found it on DVD in the budget section and thought that would be worth a try). I was hooked from the moment I got it. I probably wouldn't have bought BGII if I hadn't already been addicted to BGI. I also had IWD before BGII.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 05-07-2001, 08:34 AM   #9
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

yeah ive been thinking is IWD worth buying im on limited cash at the moment and im thinking if i should wait till TOB comes out or buy IWD or Planescape:torment
Old 05-07-2001, 08:39 AM   #10
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I played BGI about a year ago and was hooked. Got stuck due to a bug and couldn't finish it. Then after restarting it, got all the way back threw the city again and then my roommate with the computer moved out and I never got to finish. But I'm working on getting a computer in my place and am currently playing on my friend's computer. Currently on my second time through BGII.

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner