Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2001, 09:11 PM   #1
mans
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I hope a moderator or somebody could clear some things out for me... just curious is all

First, when I logged in today, I noticed that my under my user name is "Elite Waterdeep Guard". Just how did I get this honor of being elite and what in the world is a "waterdeep" guard (doesn't seem to have encountered any in SoA or ToB)

Also, some registered users have pix on their posts (not just on their message postings which I think was done through UBB Code) but even right under their names! Wow! Howd they do that?!?! (NOW I'm really sounding the newbie that I am! heheh)

Would appreciate if anyone could just throw some enlightenment my way.
mans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 09:28 PM   #2
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

All newbies are Elite Waterdeep Guards!

You hold this position for your first few post (until 25 or 50, I can't remember), and then you get a new title and picture.

It's all based on how many times you post,and respond to, messages.

Just for fun.

Enjoy your stay with us!

------------------

"The Martyr" (excerpt)

There is sobbing of the strong,
And a pall upon the land;
But the People in their weeping
Bare the iron hand:
Beware the People weeping
When they bare the iron hand.

--Herman Melville (written after the assasination of President Abraham Lincoln)
Ronn_Bman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 09:29 PM   #3
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by mans:
I hope a moderator or somebody could clear some things out for me... just curious is all

First, when I logged in today, I noticed that my under my user name is "Elite Waterdeep Guard". Just how did I get this honor of being elite and what in the world is a "waterdeep" guard (doesn't seem to have encountered any in SoA or ToB)

Also, some registered users have pix on their posts (not just on their message postings which I think was done through UBB Code) but even right under their names! Wow! Howd they do that?!?! (NOW I'm really sounding the newbie that I am! heheh)

As far as I know, Waterdeep is a city.

The Elite Waterdeep Guard under your name is the title conferred to you for the amount of posts that you have, as you post more, you will get other ranks.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 08:33 AM   #4
mans
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ha! Really felt like a "Waterdeep" newbie there!

Thanks for the reply and clarification guys! I'm looking forward to getting another (much higher) title...

Ciao!

mans
Old 10-18-2001, 08:36 AM   #5
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by mans:

Welcome to the forum!! I'm a recruit Waterdeep guard. hehe

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]
Hiram Sedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 10:20 AM   #6
mitsos

Waterdeep is a big city, far bigger than Baldur's Gate and it's north of the city of bal.gate. As for the "promotions" as I call it, you become a Dungeon Master at 50 posts, a magister at 100 and there are many more that I don't remember. When you registered, there was a list, though I think it's a bit out-of-date or what?
Old 10-18-2001, 10:55 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by mitsos:
Waterdeep is a big city, far bigger than Baldur's Gate and it's north of the city of bal.gate. As for the "promotions" as I call it, you become a Dungeon Master at 50 posts, a magister at 100 and there are many more that I don't remember. When you registered, there was a list, though I think it's a bit out-of-date or what?
It's a bit out of date and will be updated soon.

------------------
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2001, 10:31 AM   #8
mans
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Since this message posting got some sort of momentum already, hope you don't mind my furthering the otherwise short and superficial inquiry Just curious, Memnoch, what do those 4 stars signify (I suppose you put them yourself since you're a moderator?)? Also, what do the other side pictures signify (e.g. Hiram Sedai's male "Sorceror" figure? Again, just curious...

mans