Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 08-04-2004, 04:03 PM   #1
Heian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Right now im trying to obtain the shadow dragons scales to give to cromwell, but whenever i try to fight him i always die. Im a novice at fighting dragons.. is there any enchantments or combows that can weaken them? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My party is:
Drizzt: 16 fighter
minsc 15 ranger
jaheria 13 druid, 12 fighter
jan 14 thief 13 mage
Imoen 14 mage 13 thief
keldorn 13 paladin
Heian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 04:27 PM   #2
Imrahil
Elminster

Buff up before-hand with things like Armor of Faith & Draw Upon Holy Might (Minsc, Jaheira), Protection from Evil (Keldorn's innate abilities), Stoneskin/Invisibility/Improved Haste (Jan, Imoen). Drink any potions of Heroism, Speed, etc. you may have been saving.

While he's still blue, place your 4 Fighter-types around him on different sides, as far from each other as possible. Have Jan & Imoen stand away from him. Pause the game.

Have Imoen & Jan cast Lower Resistance & Breach. Have Jaheira cast Insect Plague. Have Minsc, Keldorn, & Drizzt attack.

Unpause the game & let the fight commence. Have Jan & Imoen (& maybe even Jaheira) summon monsters to help you (Animate Dead, Monster Summoning I, II, & III, Spider Spawn, Mordenkainen's Sword would be great if you have it).

Periodically, one or more of your fighters will get wing-buffeted away, but just have them run back in when they can. By spreading your party out, though, you should always have 2 or 3 fighters pounding on him.

Drink Extra-Healing potions as necessary. Have Imoen & Jan cast Breach if the Dragon casts Stoneskin. Otherwise, have them flinging Flame Arrows & Magic Missiles at it. Try to have them cast as many spells as you can rather than shooting bows.

If any of your fighters gets too injured, pull them out of combat for a few rounds while they do nothing but drink healing potions.

Eventually, the Dragon should fall - your party is definitely high enough level to take it out. Good luck!

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 04:31 PM   #3
Heian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Imrahil Ive took him down!
Heian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:49 AM   #4
Envy
Dungeon Master

Edwin :Lower Resistance, Greater malison
Jaheiraoom
Edwin:Feeblemind
Edwin:C.Orb
Dragon:What Dragon? Where is he?..
Old 08-05-2004, 03:17 PM   #5
whathuh
The Magister

Something ive notice (while soloing) is that you can actually counter the wing buffet by running back to the dragon. Since i wear boots of speed (who doesnt), whenever im improved hasted, i move like lightning and if im wing buffeted, i just move back close to the dragon. you dont do much and you will still be pushed back a bit, but not all the way back against a wall (where you dont want to be).

and be careful with that name of Drizzt. May get you into all sorts of trouble later on in the game.

Nice combo envy! I may have to get a mage/cleric and try that out in chain contingencies/spell triggers.
whathuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 04:56 PM   #6
Acoustic Ferret
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Feeblemind worked for me after that it was a peice of cake
Old 08-05-2004, 07:23 PM   #7
Hank Parsons
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by whathuh:
and be careful with that name of Drizzt. May get you into all sorts of trouble later on in the game.
hehehe. I love the idea that some people choose this name without knowing the name alone will cause events. Are there any other names you can set that actually have an effect?
Old 08-05-2004, 09:08 PM   #8
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

FFFFFF">I named one of my charecters Wulfgar and the other Bruner Battlehammer and all sorts of weird FFFFFF">sing-a-ling-ling be happening

FFFFFF">DSlaytern] 'I' is for Illumina.

[ 08-06-2004, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 02:22 AM   #9
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Hey! I know you're new here, but watch your language.

Use *capital* letters to begin a sentence.

Seriously though, maybe you should edit that before a mod does it for you.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 01:28 PM   #10
Spracks
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Does having any of those names make a large impact on the game, or do you just have to fight the real Drizzt/Wulfgar/Bruenor later on or something like that?
Spracks is offline   Reply With Quote