Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-12-2002, 06:09 PM   #1
Lavindathar
Harper

I couldnt find a news article, so it's in my own words :

This morning at 6.45am, two asians robbed a boeing 777, and got away with a clean $7million in used USD.

They drove up beside the 777, in a Brittish Airways van. The plane, which had just touched down from Bahrain, unloaded its cargo. It gave the money to a man in another BA van, who was then tied up after declining to give the money over to the fake workers, who were wearing full ID and uniform. They then put the $7million USD in a van, and drove off, out of Heathrow Airport, and then unloaded the cash into a new vehicle, and escaped.

* This was at Heathrow airport. The robbery occured at a high security point.

*A question that has been posed by many people is, if people can get in and steal $7mUSD, how easy it is for them to get in their, and plant a bomb.

Security is facing a dramatic facelift, as Heathrow tries to tighten its security in future.

(Sorry if its worded badly, I'm tired.)
Old 02-12-2002, 06:14 PM   #2
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

That's the scary thing about things happening in airports, it's so unpredictable, you think somewhere is fully safe because that sort of thing doesn't often happen, then suddenly you're no longer so sure your defences are so good after something like that happens.
Old 02-12-2002, 06:18 PM   #3
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Apart from the fears of terrorism that sounds like a really cool interesting story, hollywood will probably make a film.
Old 02-12-2002, 06:20 PM   #4
Lavindathar
Harper

Oh, I forgot. It earned them $7mUSD in 3minutes.

With him earning at that rate, give him 3 years, he'll be richer than me..... [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2002, 06:31 PM   #5
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Oh, I forgot. It earned them $7mUSD in 3minutes.

With him earning at that rate, give him 3 years, he'll be richer than me..... [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

Since your so rich [img]smile.gif[/img] Why not Buy Z a new server so we can have a faster forum?

Old 02-12-2002, 06:34 PM   #6
Lavindathar
Harper

quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Since your so rich [img]smile.gif[/img] Why not Buy Z a new server so we can have a faster forum?

Would if i cud,but you cant donate from overseas!!

Ok,so im not rich!