Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-01-2004, 09:55 PM   #11
Jorath Calar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Well, I have a beautiful wife and two fine sons and am reasonably healthy, *knocks on wood*, so I consider myself lucky. As for the lottery, I believe your chances of winning are the same whether you play or not.
Actually I once heard a guy say that no matter how little chance you have of actually winning the lottery, if you buy a ticket, your chances to win increase 100%...

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2004, 01:06 AM   #12
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I * cough * can win the local state lottery if I want to. but that wouldn't be such a sport does it? I mean other people have to buy the numbers and hope that they " shoot" it right while I * cough * just direct the lottery people to let me win.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:45 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
cmon! dont be shy and brag all you guys want. tell your stories from bingo to life threatening situations. I wish to know who among you people can declare yourselves lucky. i for one am not lucky because i have not one a single bingo game in my entire life and in jackpot prizes as well.

so i need your help guys!

there is a 23million AUD jackpot this saterday and i need a number combination containing 45 balls numbered from 1 to 45 inclusive. and there is an additional 2 supplementary number. . cmon give me your suggestions. it cant hurt asking for suggestions can it? [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

for people who are remotely curious what im talking about. here is the link
https://www.ozlotteries.com/index.php

do note: im doing this just for kicks and im not a gambling fanatic or any negative thing related for it. if i win then i would be the happiest man on earth, if not.. well too bad [img]smile.gif[/img] . heck, i only spend .70 aud cents for one ticket and i always get 2 (thats the minimum). i cant believe some people paying as much as 500-1000+ dollars.. crazy .. even with 15,000 tickets, there is 15,000/ 8 million plus chance to win.. oh well.. im just rambling dont mind me..
I hate to be the one to break this to you mate, but - you've got buckley's of winning.

Old 06-04-2004, 04:12 PM   #14
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

i'm pretty lucky....i've had needles shoved into my spine but i still walk/talk etc. i have given birth to three children, two on the large side of average, and one considered "large for gestational age." i have gone through 3 pregnancies without any major incedents, no pre-e, no gestational diabetes, nothing. just a bad back/hips and sleepless nights.

everyday one of my children amazes me, if not more. i always have food to eat, clothes to wear, and bed to curl up in. and despite lots of problems i still have a hubby to cuddle.

i am lucky.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:30 PM   #15
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

I've never had particularly good luck nor particularly bad luck. Everything I have me or my parents have worked hard for and nothing has been down to luck. Then again, I've never done any gambling.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:37 PM   #16
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

well, I could say that I was lucky once, I was at work, and the whole state was under a tornado warning, at 7 pm that night, a tornado came and destroyed the building, mostly made of glass anyway, well, when it first hit, I was sitting by a window, when a guy yelled to get away from the windows, so I jumped up and ran, when I looked back, the sign was right where I was just sitting, so I then ran to the counter, and ducked under it, just as I was getting under there, the wall fell right where I was just standing, and it knocked over the silverware bin, causing the steak knives to fall straight down as well, have to say, that was probably my luckiest day to date
Old 06-04-2004, 04:37 PM   #17
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Actually I once heard a guy say that no matter how little chance you have of actually winning the lottery, if you buy a ticket, your chances to win increase 100%...

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Yeah, but zero times 100% is still zero.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:29 PM   #18
Animal
Gold Dragon

I was shot twice, once in the neck and once in the back. I've broken my neck on a seperate occasion and am walking today, albeit, with a slight limp and I don't have a great deal of feeling on the left side of my body.

How's that for lucky?
Old 06-04-2004, 08:13 PM   #19
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
I was shot twice, once in the neck and once in the back. I've broken my neck on a seperate occasion and am walking today, albeit, with a slight limp and I don't have a great deal of feeling on the left side of my body.

How's that for lucky?
ok barring anymore amazing stories, i think this is the winner.

sorry stormy you were very lucky too.