Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-08-2005, 09:04 AM   #1
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I was just checking out Dreamer128's post. I clicked the link and got caught up in the IQ test. Has anyone ever done this? I'd like to know what my score means. It seemed to say positive things but is it just to get me to buy?
I'd really like to know how others fared. Thanks

http://web.tickle.com/tests/uiq/inde...ls_noborder&z=

Oops, sorry about that! I think this link will be better.

[ 01-08-2005, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]
Old 01-08-2005, 09:08 AM   #2
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Sorry, but is there a test in the link you gave or somewhere else? All I see are gametrailers...

I did the National IQ-test of the netherlands on 19 january 2004 and scored 125. Got the print-out as well. Come the 19th, there will be the 2005 National IQ-test. I'm anxious to see if I went up
Old 01-08-2005, 09:10 AM   #3
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Last time, I took an international(not the american) IQ test and scored 154. I'll go test myself at the mensa website again [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2005, 10:45 AM   #4
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Hmm, I apparently already made that Tickle IQ-test 13 october 2003 I could just sign in and see my resuts!
I scored a 124 back then. Considering my score from last year I can go for a 126 this year [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Quote:
Congratulations, Erik!
Your IQ score is 124

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Visual Mathematician. This means you are gifted at spotting patterns — both in pictures and in numbers. These talents combined with your overall high intelligence make you good at understanding the big picture, which is why people trust your instincts and turn to you for direction — especially in the workplace. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.
[ 01-08-2005, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Zuvio ]
Old 01-08-2005, 12:22 PM   #5
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Most of these online tests are horribly inaccurate. It's best if you just go to a nearby university to have it done. Did one back at my school a little over three years ago and scored 128. Probably broke 130 since then.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:20 PM   #6
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Well, having three tests now that all gave a score of about 125, it nears accuracy. When the difference goes over 10 points, then there's something wrong.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:24 PM   #7
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Ok, here's me. The only regret I have is that I didn't care about the questions at first. If I did it again, I would probably go a bit slower.

Your IQ score is 127

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Word Warrior. This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas. And that's just a small part of what we know about you from your test results.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:44 PM   #8
Lucern
Quintesson

IQ Test spoiler alert

I think people take IQ, and the idea that you can quantify intelligence (or even the need to do so) too seriously.

Allow me to share a hypothesis with you: intelligence is impossible to quantify in a valid way, especially in the broader sense. How do you even define intelligence, and will it even be consistent across cultural lines? Isn't this arbitrary? As you take these tests, think about what attributes they're actually testing, and determine for yourself whether it encompasses the range of human mental capacity (much less your own!).

For example..is the test timed? If so, they're stating that speed of thought is important.

Are they asking word associations? Does your mind associate objects, actions and ideas with more than their strict denotative meaning?

How about math?

Logic? Logic, like math, can be a learned skill, as many of us painfully realize lol.

Is it important to see more than one side of a situation? How about the implications of each answer to the question? Is this still timed?

Is critical reading important? mental arithmetic? auditory interpretation?

Ask yourself if there are parts that explore memory, detail recognition, philosophical [left frontal cortex] kind of stuff. Strategy, planning, and organization? The brain is a complex thing...so which parts of it count towards intelligence?

And what about those questions that are painfully obvious, but as adults we have learned to analyze at a much more complex level and miss it completely (unless we know to look for the literal interpretation)? You know the ones that make you feel stupid afterwards? Well, 6 year olds are great at those. Are they smarter than you? lol

Moreover, if they do not ask you for your age and other questions about your personal history/geography, etc, then they're abusing an already flimsy quantitative tool. Now, it's important to identify pockets of genius or inability, those differently developed mental areas in some individuals, in younger people so that they don't grow up maladjusted. Cognitively, the difference between a so-called idiot-savant and a genius is overall functionality - the ability to live on one's own. I'm not convinced that there is an overall genius quality, an ability in all things on a higher level, but rather areas of special ability.

Believe me...I am no genius. lol.

So sit back and check out what's telling you what your abilities are.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:24 PM   #9
Sigmar
Unicorn

Fantastic post Lucern.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:22 PM   #10
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

We take these tests and hope the guy/girl next to us did worse so we can feel better about ourselves

Seriously, I agree with you Lucern, I do! And there are even more arguments that conclude that an IQ-test is actually pretty wortless. However companies insist on taking these tests to have just one more measurement between the candidates. And it sorta indicates how well you perform on basic mind actions, like speed of thought-process, analyzing andsoforth. It's an allround indication, nothing more.