Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-22-2004, 01:45 PM   #11
Link
Jack Burton

This is not about copyright rules, Vaskez. This is about claiming to have made something (which you haven't) and getting acknowledgement for that (which he shouldn't get). I think that he lowered himself to copyright infringement is the lesser part of the problem.

And Mouse: I'm sorry man, but I want to cyberkick his ass all the way to Baator for this little prank. There were a lot of members out there who actually believed him. He at least owes them an apology.

EDIT: Ross: I hate it that I was off when you guys posted after me. I can imagine what you wrote, but I would've rather followed it on screen instead of in my thoughts.

[ 02-22-2004, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Link ]
Old 02-22-2004, 01:53 PM   #12
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

OK guys, I can understand you all being peeved, but it's not like he's murdered your pet puppy. If he's been an ass, he's probably feeling pretty low atm.

Once again, let's not turn this into more of an issue than it's already become.

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 02-22-2004, 01:56 PM   #13
Jorath Calar
Harper

So sad... what is the point?
I mean getting praises for creations you didn't make yourself... is just hallow and doesn't mean anything...

And showing concept art from Baldur's Gate 2 as your own work to the people here on IW is just... stupid...

Xen, I pity thy...
Old 02-22-2004, 02:10 PM   #14
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Hmm that's pretty cheeky then, taking someone else's work and claiming it as your own. If a mature adult did this it'd be plagiarism and very cheeky but if I recall correctly, Xen's just a kid and he doesn't know about the exact rules and stuff on this so let him know about it then send him on his way [img]smile.gif[/img]
Yea, I agree with Vaskez. I don't think Xen is any older than I am, and he may not be aware of the copyright laws that go into effect here. Ok, so he got caught, he takes down the picture, so no harm, no foul. I mean, people, it's a skitch of a troll (a good one) but a skitch. Now, if it was art work by Larry Elmore he was ripping off, then yea I would be upset myself. But calm down with the bashing and let Xen clean up what he did.
Old 02-22-2004, 02:35 PM   #15
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

so Gangrell are u saying that you (you say you are Xen's age, whats that 16?) aren't aware of copyright? I dont think so.
Old 02-22-2004, 02:56 PM   #16
Spirits forever

*GASP* You know there's the possibility that xen might be the concept artist for the interplzy thing...although the chances are slim it might be possible...you never know xen might have actually drawn all of those on the interplay site. and he might just be a great copier, he probably used the pics as a reerence and it turned ou to look exactly like teh other one.

Old 02-22-2004, 02:59 PM   #17
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

eh get really spirits, no chance!! You dont have to protect him you know, I see he's online, maybe he should come and defend himself!
Old 02-22-2004, 03:08 PM   #18
Jorath Calar
Harper

Look at the gallery, the Alien Picture is Xens real work... I would think... the quality is some what lacking compared to the others...
Old 02-22-2004, 03:09 PM   #19
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

You know what I say? I say that we leave xen alone and let him sort this out for himself. if I was him, you lot calling him a coward isn't going to make him come out sooner! I think you should be ashamed of yourselves.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Old 02-22-2004, 03:11 PM   #20
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

You actually think he would have said something if it hadn't been mentioned, I dont think so!