Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2002, 02:08 AM   #1
Kethec the Nonplussed
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Before I go any further, I should get input on this. But my initial or gut feeling is to go with the thieves. I dunno...I kinda think she's creeepy. So the first thing I did was see the sights a little, check out the Kopper Kettle and left for the D'Asturian estate...I mean on the rich guilty liberal girl's quest. And made a brief stop at Trademeet on the way back, didn't really do anything but kill some animals (have to talk to that guy about them again...) and find out a little of what the genies are up to. Then when I walk in the gate everybody wants everything all at once and before I barely do anything but attend (what is her NAME) Dad's funeral the thieves are offering a cut rate and Bodhi wants me to become EVERYBODY'S enemy in one swell foop. And then *POOF* it's Chap. 3 and I haven't done ANYTHING yet! I don't HAVE to do things in a certain order I hope 'cause I have tag ends hanging out all over the place already. And one more thing isn't there a search function for keywords or subjects in the forum here? Without looking at EVERY SINGLE PAGE to find some specific info? I haven't been in the Slaver thing yet or the weird dome but I did find the poor kid's bear...See?
Talk to you later real soon,
Kethec (the Nonplussed)
Kethec the Nonplussed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 02:21 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Generally( note, generally), parties that are good-aligned will take the Shadow Thieves. Evil parties will join Bodhi. Neutral parties join the Shadow Thieves too.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 02:27 AM   #3
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The missions do not have to be completed in any order. The search function is being repared at the moment.
Old 07-05-2002, 02:33 AM   #4
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Between the two factions, the shadow theives are the lesser of the two evils.
Rimjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 06:14 AM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

Actually, the good-evil thing always puzzled me for a bit. A good-aligned character would only have to be slightly gullible/naive to side with Bodhi. It's only later in the game that you find out how evil she is, so it sounds to me like avoiding her in the beginning going ahead on the plot.
Also, it's not as if the Shadow Thieves are such a bunch of goody two shoes... at least Bodhi has an excuse for acting evil...

SPOILER AHEAD:

'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'

I always side with Bodhi. You will have to fight her anyway later in the game, so in terms of XP and items, it's much smarter. You get the XP and items of Aran Linvail c.s. and will get the XP and items for Bodhi and her gang later on anyway.
Old 07-05-2002, 06:17 AM   #6
daan
Silver Dragon

I'm agreeing here .. i kinda like the phrase:
Keep your friends close, and your enemies even closer [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2002, 10:23 AM   #7
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

I don't give a crap about alignment, I always side with Bodhi. Unless I am a thief, of course, but siding with her in the beginning and going against the Shadow Thieves is a lot easier than going against her, because of her certain race.
Old 07-05-2002, 12:31 PM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Vampires are not that tough or scary... ...

They are actually quite easy when your average party level is 11-12. Remember, you have the Amulet of Power and several kickass summons. Plus the fact you can wantonly cast spells without fear of persecution.

I side with the Shadow Thieves when I am playing good parties, because I have faith in thieves' honour. Bodhi, on the other hand, is just oozing with evilness. I was already hesitant to accept her during my first run-through of the game.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 12:38 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I agree, Dundee Slaytern...and also, if you have the Mace of Disruption (which you can get in the tomb) and then leave and upgrade it with the Illithium, you have yet another "level drain" blocker. Also, Azuredge (throwing axe) is a fantastic weapon against undead if you have someone with prof in axe. (Usually I give 1 prof point in axe to Minsc and let him wield Azuredge...those vamps fall from a distance!)

And even if you do get drained a level or two, there are restoration scrolls and spells, or you can always leave, visit a temple, and return.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 12:40 PM   #10
Melusine
Dracolisk

But that has nothing to do with whom you side with, does it? You can get the Mace in both cases, you fight the vamps in both cases.
All I'm saying is, side with Linvail and you'll miss out on the XP of killing him, and some minor items. Side with Bodhi and you get to kill her anyway. [img]smile.gif[/img]