Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2002, 10:48 AM   #1
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

> > I don't know how they wrote this with a straight face. This apparently was a real memo sent by a computer company to its employees. It went to all field engineers about a computer peripheral problem. The author of this memo was quite serious. The engineers rolled on the floor!

> > Replacement of Mouse Balls:

If a mouse fails to operate or should it perform irrationally, it may need a ball replacement.

Mouse balls are now available as FRU (Field Replacement Unit).
Because of the delicate nature of this procedure, replacement of mouse balls should only be attempted by properly trained personnel.

Before proceeding, determine the type of mouse balls by examining the underside of the mouse. Domestic balls will be larger and harder than foreign balls. Ball removal procedures differ depending on the manufacture of the mouse. Foreign balls can be replaced using the pop-off method. Domestic balls are replaced by using the twist-off method. Mouse balls are not usually static-sensitive. However, excessive handling can result in sudden discharge. Upon completion of ball replacement, the mouse may be used immediately. It is
recommended that each person have a pair of spare balls for maintaining optimum customer satisfaction. Any customer missing his balls should contact the local personnel in charge of removing and replacing these necessary items.

(Tongue firmly in cheek: I thought this was great--a real testament to how something totally innocent can be read in different ways>>>)
Old 02-06-2002, 11:14 AM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

ROTFL! "Any customer missing his balls..." *shudder*
Old 02-06-2002, 12:13 PM   #3
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

ROFLMAO! are you sure that was meant to be serious? The twist and pull method lol. That was the funniest thing i have read in awhile
Old 02-06-2002, 12:18 PM   #4
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Blind_Prophet:
ROFLMAO! are you sure that was meant to be serious? The twist and pull method lol. That was the funniest thing i have read in awhile

*Entirely* serious, I assure you. Look at the underneath of the basic two button mouse...twist and pull. Yikes! (looks fondly at her tracker ball mouse and wonders....hmmm, just lift the little red ball out of the socket and..... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] .....)
Old 02-06-2002, 03:03 PM   #5
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Garnet FalconDance:

*Entirely* serious, I assure you. Look at the underneath of the basic two button mouse...twist and pull. Yikes! (looks fondly at her tracker ball mouse and wonders....hmmm, just lift the little red ball out of the socket and..... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] .....)

This may be evil and twisted... but it is still remarkably funny!

[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 02-06-2002, 03:08 PM   #6
Blade
Emerald Dragon

LOl Domestic balls will be larger and harder than foreign balls i don't know about that one i thought all mouse balls are pretty much standarized by now.
Old 02-06-2002, 03:12 PM   #7
Campino

Thank God i've never had any problems with my domestic balls.They work quite good,and were never twisted and pulled.

At work,in the hospital,we have a different way of removing balls of all sorts,small and big.But hey,we do have multiple types of computers and mouses there
Old 02-06-2002, 08:09 PM   #8
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

ROFLHAO
After being in the service I can imagion someone typing that with out a clue as to it's comic potential. LOL...just too funny.
Old 02-07-2002, 02:59 AM   #9
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

You know, those little blue/grey/green things they have in the center of Toshiba notebooks (laptops) are actually called mouse nipples.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 02-07-2002, 03:07 AM   #10
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Ok... what if you have an optical mouse ?? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]