Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-22-2001, 02:06 PM   #21
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Redblueflare:
Quote:
Originally posted by Piller:
Anyway all of you in high school are lucky, you have to worry about anything. But just wait till you are in the real world. Then you can start worrying.
Ahem, with everyone constantly asking what i'm going to do when I finish highschool, I have *plenty* to worry about as it is. College is going to be even worse. *Sigh*

Aah, don't worry, RBF...the "real world" isn't that bad compared to HS. Play your cards right and it's not bad at all. I wouldn't go back to HS for love nor money. It was only after HS that I found out how cool the world really is. Don't let others scare you off from that.

I also have to disagree with "not worrying about anything" in HS...there's peer pressure, pressure to achieve, to get top grades, to excel in sports, to be popular, romantic attractions, not to mention threats like school violence, drugs in schools, etc. The best thing to do is make sure you have a good support group of friends. It's hard doing it alone.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 08-22-2001).]
Old 08-22-2001, 03:09 PM   #22
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
28 degrees Celsius = 83 degrees Fahrenheit...you're KIDDING!!!

Wow, that's a cool spell in Texas in the Summer. We topped out today at 101 degrees (about 38 Celsius).

But you'll probably laugh when I tell you that all schools in Denton close down when we get 1/2 inch (a little over 1 cm) of snowfall!

To be honest, that was the hottest day of the year so far. The public pools had a field day (i went home and played BG ). And to the snow I can only say: Snow? Whats snow? All we get here is slush... Of course thats exxagerating, we actually had a WHITE CHRISTMAS last year YAY and some more snow during school (very fun: 1cm of snow. I go to school, half the students arent there because the buses got stuck, they came in later in the morning. Germany doesnt have snow days because snow is so rare )

By the way... i meant to bump this for all the school kids (like me) who need to whine a bit but i got a little sidetracked so dont kill me cause im a little off the subject.

------------------
------------------

-Only dead fish swim with the flow (i.e. not me)
Old 08-22-2001, 03:16 PM   #23
Istaron
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
Well, I guess I am probably the only one here still in junior high, except maybe Grand Ranger, and I am going into 8th grade.

I am pretty much looking forwrd to school, I think it will be a fun year, but busy of course, with applying for high school. I however am NOT looking forward to getting up at 7. seeing as I wole up today at 11.

Ohh, lucky girl. I could've killed for not having to get up at 5:30 every day in three years

Well, now I have started in a new school, and won't start until 8:50, so I'll get up at 7 I am sooo happy
Though, my new class seem to suck. I fear I have to kick some ass before we graduate in three years

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen

[This message has been edited by Istaron (edited 08-22-2001).]
Old 08-22-2001, 03:21 PM   #24
Kaz

Quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:

Well, now I have started in a new school, and won't start until 8:50, so I'll get up at 7 I am sooo happy

My school starts at 7:50!! (well we finish at 1:05 three days a week so thats ok i guess )

------------------
------------------

-Only dead fish swim with the flow (i.e. not me)
Old 08-23-2001, 03:44 AM   #25
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Be thankful you've got time to have breakfast before school
The standard school over here starts at 7.20
Students have to be in by 7 to sing national propaganda and recite the pledge
Average waking time is any time from 5-6.30 depending on how close you live to school

I've always wondered what it would be like to see the sun while I'm still home eating breakfast..

------------------
Resident Lurker Guy
Old 08-23-2001, 06:41 AM   #26
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well, here, we had to apply for high school even if we were originally from the school's grade school... it is a private school... our class starts at 7:40 a.m. and ends at various times relatively 4:00 p.m.

------------------

My love for her is beyond words... beyond time... you know this
Old 08-23-2001, 10:15 AM   #27
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Well there's only one school here since we only have about 90 people in HS. School starts a 7:30 and gets out at 2:32. I guess we're pretty lucky huh?

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 08-23-2001, 10:31 AM   #28
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
Well, here, we had to apply for high school even if we were originally from the school's grade school... it is a private school... our class starts at 7:40 a.m. and ends at various times relatively 4:00 p.m.

Aye, that's what I thought, Bahamut. Private schools tend to be very selective. You probably had to take entrance exams as well?

------------------
Old 08-23-2001, 02:01 PM   #29
Moni

Well I just received a sad reminder of what a total screw up I used to be!
My G.E.D. test scores to enroll in college on Monday.
I passed with a "C" average LOL and I distinctly remember why...going to night school with my uncle, stoned out of my gourd, and getting distracted by his love of our teacher who had big breasts and wore low cut dresses.
I never laughed so hard for so long in any other type of school setting, I swear, we are both lucky that we made the passing grades!
Before I quit school, I was in the top 5 percentile nationwide and made the honor roll regularly.
Kids, "Just Say No" really means something! Take that to heart!

Well, wish me luck! It has been 15 years since I have gone to school (tech school) and this time I have goals that when I attain them, won't hold me back by keeping me in school for the rest of my life to keep up with progress!

P.S. Am I scared? You better believe it! But I have a lot of confidence in myself and so do the people around me. I am really looking forward to going!

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 08-23-2001).]

Old 08-23-2001, 03:07 PM   #30
Kaz

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
Be thankful you've got time to have breakfast before school
The standard school over here starts at 7.20
Students have to be in by 7 to sing national propaganda and recite the pledge
Average waking time is any time from 5-6.30 depending on how close you live to school

I've always wondered what it would be like to see the sun while I'm still home eating breakfast..
Sorry for you - 7 that must be tough
I remember that bit about the pledge (i used to live in the US). I always crossed my fingers . And about seeing the sun - we live relatively far north here - in the summer the sun rises at, oh, something like five oclock in the morning (im never up to see it all I know is that when I get up at 6, its risen) and it gets dark at 10. However, in the winter its dark for the first couple of periods and once, when i was biking home from school at around 4 (afternoon lessons - i hate them) the sun was setting. Takes getting used to. However, those of you who live in northern Scandinavia will laugh at my pitiful account - i was in southern Sweden this summer, the sun set at ELEVEN OCLOCK

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 08-23-2001).]